Deleting posts

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by pcieluck, Feb 18, 2011.

1. pcieluck

pcieluck

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I have on two occasions wanted to delete an entire post i've made, but can't find a delete button

2. granny smith

granny smith

Exp:
    At home cook
    Apparently you have two options, hit the edit button on the bottom left of your post and just delete what you've written (you'll probably need to type something in place of it, such as 'deleted') or ask a moderator to delete it for you (that's what I did)

3. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    MWAHAHAA....that's right! ONLY the almighty Moderators such as myself can TRULY delete a post! Tremble at the power in my left mouse click!

or, y'know,  just message us or something./img/vbsmilies/smilies/blushing.gif

4. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Yep users can't delete their posts just mod-o-rators. Typically we don't like to delete so ask and we can review if it is a good choice.

5. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I just hate (I mean I totally love) to see Gunnar have all that power, Pay backs can be Hell. Even our Government gave each half of the missile launching code to  two different people........................CBB

edited by Gunnar who wields all kinds of crazy powers/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
  6. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef

7. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    never fear, I only wield these powers for the good of the forums...unless I find some humor in it./img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif