Deja vu

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by flipflopgirl, Mar 13, 2017.

1. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    Was a lazy Sunday...slept late (time change so not really).

Kinda drizzly and cold (60 deg lol ;-) and def a TexMex kinda day in South Texas.

Off with the fleece jammies and on with a pair of dirty jeans with a rip on the knee.

Rubber OR clogs and off to "our" tamale shack.

I knew what we were in for when the place was packed and we were seated in the back newbie training station.

Waiter who seated us took drink orders and zip.....ten min later a high school age girl came with chips and saw we didn't have a drink so got us a couple of cokes.

No problem...she was so nice and not a hair out of place...nice school girl making gas cash....prolly there trying to train up to waitress (good luck...most of these TexMex places have career waiters...a real boy's club.).

We waited some more.....the fisherman knows how I get in these situations...(leave money for drinks and blow the place after a chat with the FOH MOD) ...can I spill my coke I ask...nope....what about going to the cashier stand for a leche candy...nope...but I am STARVING....

The chips girl (has been making the circle of the tables in the back) came and refilled the salsa and smiled then next thing I knew we had the guy who seated us over to take the table order.

By then I was interested in the girl and watching her hustle was like seeing myself wayyy back when.

Busing tables (empty or not) a smile for everyone and a question always on her lips..."What can I do for you? What should I bring?"

She was attentive without being intrusive and if not for her the waiter's tip out would have been shit.

On our way out I gave the manager/host some extra cash "for the girl" and he smiled and commented that yes she was a good worker...on the ball and my tip was not an unusual occurance.

Spent the rest of the day on the couch trying digest and thinking about when I was a high school girl with braces on my teeth.

My whole life in front of me....

Heavy sigh.

mimi

2. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    A Day in the life of a fishermen's life. I could see you waving waving into the fog as he sets sail.......OH S-it, there was nothing in this about Fish! Ok, I got it! A Day in the life of a Texas Gal in her jammies wondering where the heck life has gone. I see a book with movie rights coming soon with Nicholas Sparks knocking on your door any day now.........

flipflopgirl likes this.
  3. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    I wish...have a remodeling idea I need to pay for lol.

Maybe if I didn't throw all of my money away on silly memories.

mimi

Finally got the wash done....

m.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017