- Joined Jul 13, 2012
It's been 5 years since we've had a soup challenge maybe with Thanksgiving being behind us + leftovers clogging up the icebox . . . That said we had a couple of entries last month that looked really good. I like soup, I remember lentil soup in Greektown whose broth seemed thinner than water. I remember other ethnic soups whose broths seemed almost chewy and unctuous. I remember the waiters at Ratner's bringing an empty bowl with a cup of cabbage soup in it so he could pour the contents into the bowl so no one felt "slighted". Whatever, so long as it looks good and we can taste it in spirit. May the best dish win and here is the usual blah, blah, blah . . . (just in case newbies don't understand "the standard rules")
- The challenge begins on the 1st of every month. The last entry must be made by the last day of the month.
- You may post multiple entries.
- All entries must be cooked during the month of the challenge.
- If you use a documented recipe, please cite your source.
- Entries should include the name of your dish and a picture of the final product. Sharing personal recipes and pictures of the process are not mandatory but extremely helpful.
- The winner is chosen by the person who posted the challenge, and is announced after the last day of submissions. The decision is final and falls entirely at the discretion of the challenger.
- Submitting an entry makes you eligible to win. If you do not wish to be considered for the win you may still participate in the challenge, but make your wishes known to the challenger.
- The winner’s bounty includes praise, virtual high-fives, and the responsibility of posting the next month’s challenge. That entails choosing a theme, posting a Challenge thread that includes the guidelines, checking in on the submissions regularly during the month, and promptly choosing a winner at the end of the challenge.