Dear God, It's Me The Dog

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by kaneohegirlinaz, Sep 20, 2011.

1. ordo

ordo

Exp:
    Home Cook
    You are so wrong. I'm not a religious person at all. I care a sh*t about religions. Can't you understand you are killing your beloved?

May be it's you who don't want to suffer.

2. allanmcpherson

allanmcpherson

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Ordo, who wants to suffer? If you are a materialist at all I can not fathom how you can defer to a quantity over quality of life position. I would be happy to continue with you if we're to:

a) answer some of the questions asked of you
    b) take it to PM

3. fablesable

fablesable

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    @ordo  Crazy is what crazy says and I do not argue with crazy. I feel that you are more trying to troll this thread rather than place a legit and valid argument. Although one's thoughts and feelings are always valid, trying to legitimize your stance by making base statements with no real fact nor reasoning behind it just shows how callus and cruel one can be towards others pain of losing great and wonderful companions.

You sir (clap, clap) are out!

@AllanMcPherson  Don't let a troll pull you in and waste your precious time.

allanmcpherson likes this.
  4. allanmcpherson

allanmcpherson

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    oh, I and do understand that I have killed, to use your words, my pets. Instead of having them languish in a suffering that they could not comprehend. Everybody who has made that choice understands that as well. And they likely are torn up for it. Do you not understand that?

5. ordo

ordo

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Ok.Let's calm down. I just expressed my opinion in a matter that i know pretty well, cause i've been on both sides of this discusiion. Let's go back to what we appreciate; our brotherhood with our beloved pets. No more "trolling".

6. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    In the sprite of the thread I give you a happy dog pic.

drirene likes this.
  7. allanmcpherson

allanmcpherson

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    drirene likes this.
  8. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Getting kind of heavy maybe take that to a private message guys not really on topic for here in my opnion.

drirene and allanmcpherson like this.
  9. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

I hope this thread circles back to it's origin.

This is our new friend from a local pound.

He's 4 yrs. old and maybe Henry or Norman for a name(on golden pond/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif)

drirene and teamfat like this.
  10. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I would call him Lucky. He is lucky that there are people such as yourself that can look beyond the cute puppies and see the more experienced dog for what he has to offer. And you are lucky that you get a new friend. How great is that!

I use to be a volunteer at our local animal shelter. I would walk the dogs and people them. When I opened my restaurant I had to resign due to time constraints. My volunteer dog walking turned into three new best friends for me, probably just as well that I had to resign or God knows how many new best friends I would have by now!

How could anybody not love a dog?

drirene likes this.
  11. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Good on you panini, get right back in the saddle. I was lost for two weeks while I waited for my new dog after loosing Mocha a couple years ago.

drirene likes this.
  12. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    @panini  that is fabulous news!  IMHO, he does look like a Norman...

oh man! Now I can't get the sound of Katharine Hepburn,

"...Norman ... you old poop ..."

13. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I volunteer for many shelters,  I am very sorry for your loss. Its like losing a member of the family. Now he is in doggy heaven and he is still watching over you.,

drirene likes this.
  14. durangojo

durangojo

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welome home norman henry(who says a dog can't have two first names?)......who rescues who? God bless you panini and your new best friend....Many,many happy days ahead for you all...amen!

Wag more, bark less 🐾

joey
    ps....He is a very handsome boy...looks very kind and sweet...love those goldens!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  15. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    My wife and 16 year old were visiting the breeder near Malaga yesterday. Just a couple of our sweety Ophila's relitives.

drirene likes this.
  16. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It looks like Henry has found gainful employment. Now if the loons would just show up. 😀

17. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator

Yes right at home supervising me daily in the office/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

drirene likes this.
  18. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Isn't it amazing what a little adoption will do? 

[​IMG]

Two more hours of therapy training and we're off to the Ronald Mac House

drirene likes this.
  19. happyhound

happyhound

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Well I gotta post a pic of our girl Holly. Technically not a Hound. But pretty dang close. I give to you, Holly the Catahoula.

-Woof!

drirene likes this.
  20. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    @HappyHound

I honestly had never been around a Catahoula until a couple of years ago. They are becoming very popular in South Texas. Just about everyone I know in Texas has a ranch somewhere.

I have some buddies that travel South a couple of times a year to go skunk pig hunting. The Catahoulas are very good dogs to hunt these. They are able to hold the pig trapped in a position so that one can use a bow and arrow or small caliper gun. I think the best thing about them is they seem to be a breed who can come off the dust and be a wonderful house dog, with children and strangers (although a bit protective).

Holly looks just like one of the hounds I fell in love with. So friendly and polite when not hunting. As we start a pit burn at dusk she will run around and has the craziest eyes.

Hollys a beauty.

PS not a big hunter. Especially when hunters with dogs keep them caged up.