Cutting Lots of Haricot Vert

Jin

Joined Jan 6, 2018
So, I have a dish that is Haricot vert tare tare, so I need to cut about 1~2 quarts of it everyday.

I noticed it's taking me some time to get it done, so, does anyone have any suggestions on being fast and efficient when cutting haricots into 1/8 inch pieces?

Thanks.

Joined May 5, 2010
It depends on how you want to present the dish. The easiest way would be to pulse them in a food processor to desired consistency.

Jin

Joined Jan 6, 2018
It depends on how you want to present the dish. The easiest way would be to pulse them in a food processor to desired consistency.
Thanks for the reply but vita mix or robo coupe is not of the question:)
it's gotta be 1/8th inch cuts. consistency is big.

Jin

Joined Jan 6, 2018
I would use chef knife and do about 10 or so at a time. 1-2 qts shouldn't take but about 15-30 minutes, I would think.
Thanks, Thats pretty much what i did today and i timed myself, i spent about 10 minutes on a qt. so 20 minutes for 2 wasnt too bad! thanks for the reply!

Joined Sep 22, 2019
So, I have a dish that is Haricot vert tare tare, so I need to cut about 1~2 quarts of it everyday.

I noticed it's taking me some time to get it done, so, does anyone have any suggestions on being fast and efficient when cutting haricots into 1/8 inch pieces?

Thanks.
I always gather 5-10 pieces at a time and line up the stem ends evenly and chop off. After chopping off all the stem ends I gather a bunch at a time and start cutting.

Joined May 9, 2011
2 quarts of haricot vert shouldn’t take long. Get faster.

I know that sounds like I’m being an asshole but it’s the best/easiest answer, I promise.

Top Bottom