CutCo is it the world's finest cutlery?

Discussion in 'Cooking Knife Reviews' started by cutco rep, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cutco rep

cutco rep

Exp:
    Other
    CutCo.  American made. Forever Guarantee, never buy another knife again.

Do look into website, www.cutco.com.  Or view demo @ viewcutco.com.

You can contact me, Bradley Davis, for I can help you obtain the last knifes you will every buy.

PeaceLove

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Why would I want a knife in 440A steel?

3. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Ummm....

I think you should have looked a little into the history of your brand on this particular website:

There are many threads concerning your product, and the general opinion is very unflattering, and I'm being nice here, m'kay? .

Also, if you did a little looking into this site, you should have noticed that promoting commercial products on the threads is not going to happen.  You may rent advertising space, which is encouraged, but flogging your stuff on the forums is a no-no.

4. cutco rep

cutco rep

Exp:
    Other
    "Someone talked me into buying a CUTCO Petite Chef tested and recommended by members of the Cooking Club of America. It works great, The handle grips well because of the wedge-lock design. This knife is better than these professional chef knives I've used in the past like one made by Slitzer. For a little over a hundred dollars, CUTCO Petite Chef is worth the investment with forever sharpness and performance guarantee. CUTCO makes pastry spatulas, ice cream scoops, shears that can cut pennies and trimming knife that cuts paper-thin slices of tomatoes." - littleladychef

Love this knife!

Posted 9/9/10

By piautsey

Pros:  Lightweight, well built, rarely needs sharpening, good value!

Cons:  Factory sharpening takes more time than I'd like.

My husband purchased this knife, along with 20 other Cutco pieces, in Harrisburg, PA. It's been 5 and 1/2 years and it remains my favorite knife. I use it for everything (except to hang pictures on the wall). It's comfortable in my hand so lots of prep work is no burden. The blade has been factory sharpened only once in 5 years. It took about 2 weeks for the entire process. Customer service from Cutco is ALWAYS a pleasant experience, which is SUCH a bonus these days. While expedient, I didn't like being without the knife for 2 weeks. We now sharpen them in-house. 

Among his many other skills, my husband is a skilled knife sharpener so he makes sure they are ready to perform. As for problems with Cutco's, there are two. The first is that they are so sharp, they don't simply cut, they cut off. An accident with a Cutco can leave you missing a digit or two. (Hasn't happened to me yet but I've come close a couple of times). The second problem, which is really a testament to how good they are, is that if I don't keep a close inventory on them, they tend to disappear.   

Cutco Chef's Knife

Posted 8/10/10

By amatorherba

Pros:  sturdy construction, comfortable handle and length, good customer service

Cons:  blade dulls quickly, wish it handled tomatoes better

I've had my Cutco 7 5/8" Petite Chef's Knife for almost 6 years. I'm female, 5'4", and have been very pleased with the blade length and the comfortable fit for my hand and arm length.  The width of the blade makes for the perfect rise and fall of my wrist as it glides across the cutting board, creating little strain esp. with lengthy prep work.  I've only sent it back to the company for sharpening once in those 6 years, about 2 years ago, but it was long overdue.  Customer service was excellent -- the knife was returned in the expected time period with a nice sharp straight edge and packed like it was fine crystal.  Out of ignorance, I didn't use a knife steel during its early years of use so I will blame myself for the dulling of the blade.  But after the sharpening, I used a knife steel fairly regularly and was disappointed that the edge did not retain its sharpness for very long.  My assessment is based on how well it sliced through tomatoes and it only worked well for a few months.  Now I use an inexpensive paring knife for tomatoes.  I don't even attempt tomatoes with the Cutco.  It should probably be sent for sharpening once a year but I haven't been willing to deal with the hassle.  For the price, it's still my favorite and best knife of the ones I own, mainly because it's very comfortable in the hand.

5. cutco rep

cutco rep

Exp:
    Other
    oh, ok hadn't known.  but have read mixed reviews that lean more so to cons.

me apologies.

6. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Don't worry about it.  The mods will have the whole thread removed in a few hours......

7. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    @CutCo Rep  I have worked in numerous professional kitchens and never once seen a cutco knife so tell me why would I buy one? In addition to this I have had several "reps" try to sell me cutco knives and they are too expensive. Really man they are way up there. In fact if you do a google search for "Cutco not worth the money" you will find numerous threads stating the same concern. About the only thing I do like about cutco is that they are made in the USA but that still does not warrant the hefty price tag. So tell me why you think your product is so superior?

P.S. You are going to have a tough tough sell to this group but lets hear your side. Why would anyone here purchase a cutco knife over say a high carbon sabatier?

8. autoredial

autoredial

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    This is not a troll?!

Let this play out. I would also like to know why I should buy a cutco knife.

9. nicko

Exp:
    Former Chef
    @autoredial  this is not a troll this is probably the 6-10th cutco rep we have had in these forums. One look at our knife forums and that would tell you this is not a place to try to sell Cutco. 

10. michaelga

michaelga

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I think we scared him away!  :)

yay!

11. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Meh...

I liked the last cutco rep, you know the girl who had the cute FB picture.   Now that thread was a lot of fun..... 

12. armahda

armahda

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I've look at these knives, and wow they are quite expensive.  This is WHY I so much appreciate this forum. 

13. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    LMAO!

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

@Ashlynd Cox  that's it!  WOW @foodpump  you made me think!
    Thread: Cutco knives?

14. vic cardenas

vic cardenas

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    That's it! I'm done listening to all you so called "experts". I'm taking that 19 year old girl's advice because an engineer told her high carbon steel is the best in the world! She sounds pretty smart because she makes $1000 a week selling stuff. 

I'm selling all my japanese knives so I can afford to buy some cutco knives and be done with sharpening forever! Peace out! LOL

thisishowiroll likes this.
  15. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Nothing squeals so shrilly as a de-frocked Cutco rep........

I shoulda never had a co-worker read out that old thread in a whiney falsetto voices this afternoon at work... I had to apologize to the entire dining room for uncontrolable laughter, howling, and desk pounding...

.....Sigh............

16. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    ... somehow, I can hear that...

17. vic cardenas

vic cardenas

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    ROFL!

18. thisishowiroll

thisishowiroll

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    BOOM!  *drop the mic and walk away*

19. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    My daughter sold Cutco while in college. That is, until she and I "faced off" with my MACs /img/vbsmilies/smilies/talker.gif

thisishowiroll likes this.
  20. nicko

Exp:
    Former Chef
    You know this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I am going to contact cutco directly and see if we can get someone from the company to square off with our community. Finally get it straightened out.

One last cutco experience I have had is that people I have met who own cutco knives usually only one or two pieces and it was given to them as a set.