Cupcake Bouquets

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by palateexpress, Nov 6, 2017.

1. palateexpress

palateexpress

Exp:
    At home cook
    Good morning,

I have just started doing some small catering and desserts to help build up to my long term goal of doing cakes. I wanted to find out if anyone has ever done a cupcake bouquet. I just started doing them and have gotten good reviews, however transporting them have been a nightmare. I wanted to find out if anyone has ever done them and how you transported the item. There is a company in I think New York that does them however they use custom made boxes. I wanted to see if I could purchase some from them they would not but I had to ask :) Please if anyone that does cupcake bouquets or even wedding cakes I would love to talk with you.

2. jcakes

jcakes

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Order one from them and see how it arrives and how the box is constructed. I'm not trying to be flip; it's what I did when I wanted to find a source for the acrylic boxes used for individual wedding cakes when they were popular a million years ago (so it seems LOL!) Ask on cake forums such as Cake Central; there are lots of groups on Facebook that help cake artists and there have to be tutorials on YouTube that show this kind of stuff too.

And I know you didn't ask, and I'm sorry for going off track but if you want to have a cake business in the long term, go work at a bakery in the short term. What you will learn there will save you a year of making mistakes when you open for business.

flipflopgirl likes this.
  3. palateexpress

palateexpress

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thank you for your feedback