Culinary School & Becoming a Personal Chef

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by littlegem, Apr 14, 2003.

1. littlegem

littlegem

Hi, I'm new to the boards...I'm 32 and getting ready to abandon my career as an Art Director (I work for a company that builds websites) for a career as a Personal Chef. For the last ten years I've been contemplating attending culinary school, and I've finally decided that it's the right move. I live outside Philadelphia and although relocating is not out of the question, I'd prefer to stay where I am. I'm looking into the Restaurant School in Philly (aka Walnut Hill College). Does anyone have any opinions on that school, or any others in the area? (I'm a bit too far to commute to NYC, unfortunately...).

Thanks,
    Littlegem

2. mage

mage

I have heard many good things about the RS of Phil. I was about to attend before I moved to NY so the things I heard came from research. I have also worked with a few people that attended that showed great promise (they had no practical experience outside of work study yet they knew their way around the kitchen and had an awsome work ethic that they claimed was stressed at the school)

3. littlegem

littlegem

Thanks Mage - I also have very little practical experience. so your comments about the RS grads are encouraging!