Croissan wrapped shrimp

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by nwk1106, Dec 8, 2010.

1. nwk1106

nwk1106

Exp:
    Home Chef
    I was wondering if i wrapped raw croissant around a raw shrimp if the shrimp would extrude to much water while cooking  and ruin the croissant

should i pre bake shrimp first?

anyone ever try this ?

want to wrap shrimp in croissant with some spinich and feta cheese  but not sure i can cook shrimp in croissant without issues

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    never know till you try. I wouldn't pre-cook the shrimp though, I think it would be just too rubbery by the time the croissant got cooked.

3. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I would roll the dough thin as raw shrimp cooks quick. If dough to heavy it will take a while and raw shrimp will overcook . Season shrimp first 

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  4. nwk1106

nwk1106

Exp:
    Home Chef
    thanx guys for imput  will advise on outcome

5. nwk1106

nwk1106

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Ed  great idea  worked out nice. I put 2 largs raw shrimp fresh spinch and feta cheese in a rolled out thinner croissant dough(like you said) was tasty  but feta cheese did not come out with taste. I will play with recipe  now to get it down  thanx for help,about 6- rolls were filling  also  make a sweet garlic mustard sauce for dipping i liked  but wife ehh  she has no taste  lol

6. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Try a little piece of Jarlsberg Swiss instead, it wont run out as much and will mingle good with shrimp. Feta to overpowering as is Bleu or Rouq. Glad it came out well.

7. nwk1106

nwk1106

Exp:
    Home Chef
    ahhhh   good i learned something  thanx