Crisp oven roasted garlic wings?

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Can anyone help me make these?  Not sure how to make really garlicky wings in the oven.  Last time I made wings they got stuck on the pan and the skin tore away.  Should I use parchment paper?

Joined Jan 17, 2015
If sticking to the pan is the problem then try a silpat liner and nonstick spray on the Silpat itself.

I have used this for throwing caramel and it worked well.  Just a suggestion.

Joined Mar 21, 2008
Parchment paper will help, and how much sugar in the garlic rub? I would dip them in a garlic butter I made by simmering garlic in melted butter with S&P to taste then bake hot at 425 or so... I do ranch wings by dipping wings in butter with ranch dressing and they are a hit at parties and easier to make than frying wings for 20 people...

Joined Apr 3, 2008

Parchment paper will help, and how much sugar in the garlic rub? I would dip them in a garlic butter I made by simmering garlic in melted butter with S&P to taste then bake hot at 425 or so... I do ranch wings by dipping wings in butter with ranch dressing and they are a hit at parties and easier to make than frying wings for 20 people...
What do you mean by dip them in garlic butter.  Dip them in raw?

I didn't get any responses by the time I started cooking so I seasoned the wings with olive oil, salt, pepper, and floured them lightly.  I spread them on parchment paper and cooked them for 40 minutes on convection roast.  Then I tossed them in a sauce I made with melted butter, garlic, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and parmesan cheese.  It was actually really good.  

Joined Jul 13, 2012
Flavoring aside this is the best way I've found to do wings in the oven.  The fork don't lie -

An earlier video on garlic parm wings that looks good too, but won't be as crispy -

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Thanks @Mike9  I definitely got something out of both those videos.  I had heard of baking soda, but never baking powder.  Interesting, I will try it.  But I have to disagree with him about the bones of the wing, I jove gnawing on those little bones, boneless wings are not as fun lol.

Joined Mar 21, 2008
I detest watching videos when I could read the recipe in 60 seconds...

Latest posts

Top Bottom