Crepe problems!! Please help.

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by frosty, Aug 1, 2016.

1. frosty

frosty

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi I have used an electric krampouz various times with no problem, in order to operate outside at events I purchased a double gas krampouz maker & have had nothing but problems. I purchased second hand and the crepe maker itself is it perfect condition but the plates were rusted up very badly I got  the rust of and seasoned it and it sticks still, I have since re-seasoned a few times and still they stick. Is it possible for plates to be perished?  Don't want to buy more costing another £200 and find out its me just being useless can anyone help, has anyone used gas crepe maker are they difficult to use?  It is sooo frustrating I am turning work away any help would be so appreiciated.

Thanks

2. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    One of the knife wizards may know how to hone (prolly not the tech word lol) the plates to remove the scratches caused by the de-rusting (is that even a word?) as that is surely the problem.

Hey @MillionsKnives  are you out there?

Too bad you cannot just cover with parchment paper.

mimi

3. millionsknives

millionsknives

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Are there scratches?  I would have removed rust with steel wool or sand paper either way I don't expect deep scratches.  Start with coarse then go to finer grits.

On their website they say to season 8 times!

http://www.krampouz.com/en/content/17-caring-for-your-crepe-maker

What fat are you seasoning with?  I like lard.