Chef Forum banner

Create Your Own Cooking Show App

776 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  chrislehrer 
#1 ·
Hello - I'm a technologist / foodie and wanted to get the opinion from other food lovers like me.

I've always wanted to create my own personal cooking show so that I can help others and inspire them to try new recipes. However, I find the current methods of trying to do so are time consuming and not easy. For example:
- Captures content using multiple devices
- Uploads that content to their computer
- Edits the content in one or multiple applications
- Uploads and publishes that content to a video sharing website like YouTube or Vimeo
- Distributes the content using multiple social media networks

What if there was one app with a similar experience to SnapChat where you can easily create a cooking show and also automatically publishes it on the web for you to share? Within the app or website you could also discover shows from others. In essence, it's a community of non-professional cooking shows and recipes.

I'm thinking about creating this. Is this something you think you would use?

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
Me personally, probably not. The highest achievement in cooking programming is on PBS. That's for a couple of reasons. Careful curation of content. Food Network runs a lot of terrible programming. Cheap production, lousy cooking and ads ads ads to monetize it. YouTube has some gems but again there is so much noise to sort through to find anything I rarely bother.

Your proposal solves none of it. Shootting and editing good video is not so much about an app as knowing what you're doing and having the right gear. No good method for finding or ensuring quality. An annoying monetization strategy. Likely insurmountable server issues for starting up.

Your proposal doesnt address my issues to attract my attention to the service.

#4 ·
What if there was one app with a similar experience to SnapChat where you can easily create a cooking show and also automatically publishes it on the web for you to share? Within the app or website you could also discover shows from others. In essence, it's a community of non-professional cooking shows and recipes.
Good God! The internet as it has become a vast wasteland of amateurs and idiots giving advice to people who believe everything they see and hear on it. The last thing we need is an easier way for them to publish their garbage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.