Covert recipes to commercial recipes

Joined May 4, 2021
Hi, I have recipes for a startup. I am looking for help with converting these recipes to commercial/industrial recipes. Who can help and how can I find that skill set?

I would really appreciate any inputs or guidance?

Thank you.

Joined Oct 2, 2016
Hej Kitz,
Let's say you have a recipe for 4 people and you want to produce a batch of 60 servings.

Calculate 60: 4 = 15 and multiply your portions by 15. If you are using metric units use only Liter, Kilo, Piece or Minute as the unit not a mix of grams with centiliters, this will be all the easier to read (1.000 L milk, 0.008 Kg salt, 1.0 Pc bay leaf, 4 'working)

Then it is necessary to check the realism of the recipe: to produce 24Kg of stew and to put 2.830 kg of salt in it must raise questions.

It is also interesting in the Excel spreadsheet to quantify the ingredients in percentage; this allows readjusting the ingredients according to their importance in the finished product and in the price. (Let’s imagine that I add coconut milk in a recipe and that 12% of ingredients represent 96% of the food cost, you have to check the relevance)

In the excel sheet made among others: a column with the ingredient, the unit, the unit price, the quantities for a complete batch or a half batch, the handling with its working time, the percentages, accessories and unstenciles, allergens , ...

In practice, it is not guaranteed that 12g of ingredients for one portion correspond to 1200g of ingredients for 100 portions.

Taste, verify and validate!

Let us know something!
Whish you all the best

Joined May 4, 2021
Hej Kitz,
Let's say you have a recipe for 4 people and you want to produce a batch of 60 servings.

Calculate 60: 4 = 15 and multiply your portions by 15. If you are using metric units use only Liter, Kilo, Piece or Minute as the unit not a mix of grams with centiliters, this will be all the easier to read (1.000 L milk, 0.008 Kg salt, 1.0 Pc bay leaf, 4 'working)

Then it is necessary to check the realism of the recipe: to produce 24Kg of stew and to put 2.830 kg of salt in it must raise questions.

It is also interesting in the Excel spreadsheet to quantify the ingredients in percentage; this allows readjusting the ingredients according to their importance in the finished product and in the price. (Let’s imagine that I add coconut milk in a recipe and that 12% of ingredients represent 96% of the food cost, you have to check the relevance)

In the excel sheet made among others: a column with the ingredient, the unit, the unit price, the quantities for a complete batch or a half batch, the handling with its working time, the percentages, accessories and unstenciles, allergens , ...

In practice, it is not guaranteed that 12g of ingredients for one portion correspond to 1200g of ingredients for 100 portions.

Taste, verify and validate!

Let us know something!
Whish you all the best
Thank you for your response Thomas. My recipes are already adjusted for big batches but it includes too many ingredients and too many steps, which makes the commercial production very complicated. And since there are multiple recipes, it further becomes cumbersome.
Is there a tool I can use to reduce the number of steps in the recipe? Or would it be a chef or food technologist/scientist who could help with reducing these steps?

Joined Oct 2, 2016
I understand, be careful, just because you cook food that your family and friends appreciate, doesn't mean you can become a professional cook. This takes a lot of work and experience.
Call on different professional cooks to simplify your operations.
Understand the chemistry of your preparations, premix your ingredients, combine your operations and cookingsteps, mix only once ...
Courage and good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom