Course in culinary science?

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by luis j, Jul 2, 2012.

1. luis j

luis j

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi guys...

I'm looking for good "Culinary science" courses, I'm currently a chef with about 20 years of professional experience and so far the food industry has been very generous with me, but I have to admit that I'm an absolute ignorant of the new scientific approach to cooking, I own some books on the subject, I have a sousvide machine and I'm learning by myself, but the best way to shorten the learning curve is to get some formal training.

And here I am looking for advice and/or suggestions, I live in Mexico and I run/co-own a couple of restaurants, so, getting a culinary degree in food science is not possible, I can't take a two year vacation to start studying, I'm looking for courses from 3 to 15 days maximum, I found this from the CIA and I like it, that's pretty much what I'm looking for http://menuscience.ciachef.edu/node/659 but it is full and also the date is complicated for me, this is something that I'll be doing in 4-6 more months.

All your suggestions will be more than welcome.

Luis

2. chefhow

chefhow

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Contact the Research Chef's Association, they are all about the blending of food and science and have courses all over the country different times of the year.

3. luis j

luis j

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks a lot... I'll check it right now! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

Luis