Costco New Packaging

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by dagger, Mar 10, 2006.

1. dagger

dagger

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    I was in Costco and see they are not selling the Chicken thighs, drumsticks, wings & boneless breasts in large packages made of single packages. The chicken thighs are 5 in a pack with 8 packs connected together you just cut along the dotted line and separate so no need to vacuum seal them in foodsaver bags anymore. I kind of like it and hope they keep it. Now can someone answer me why Chicken thighs & drumsticks are .89 lbs but wings are $1.59 lbs? I know i ask this question but it seams so strange.

2. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    When I was in restaurant school, someone presenting his project said he wanted to have chicken wings on the menu. One of the other students asked, in all seriousness, "But what will you do with the rest of the chicken?"

That said . . . :rolleyes: Chicken is a commodity, and prices fluctuate a lot depending on supply and demand. Maybe next week the prices will be reversed.

3. cookiejar

cookiejar

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    When I was young, before Buffalo Chicken Wings, you could get them for pennies. You can thank the kind people of Buffalo, New York for making them so wonderfully edible and thus creating a huge demand.

4. dagger

dagger

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    but it's not like they are throwing out the rest of the chicken. They use all parts and when your cutting the breast,legs,thighs off it doesn't take that much more to cut the wings off. I really see no reason for the price being twice as much. Not like we are going to run out of chickens!

this is why i invented:

"New York buffalo chicken thighs". :chef: