corrrrrrrrn pudding!~

Joined Sep 21, 2001
I'm making polenta for dinner tonight. Polenta is corn pudding. I think I will let it set up and grill it and top it with a lemon and garlic butter. I'll make the polenta with 2c. vegetable stock and add a few threads of saffron and a tsp of herbs de' Provence. I use an Italian "instant" par-boiled polenta that works well and is cooked out in about 10 minutes. It says 4 minutes on the package. Another way to try it is to boil it with milk, sugar and water with a little cinnamon and nutmeg in there. Add a few drops of vanilla or lemon zest while it is cooling down. Grill it in clarified butter and top it with maple syrup or berry compote.

Joined Apr 19, 2001
Peach, I like your idea, but I'm not sure polenta is corn pudding!

Here's a 'traditional' Southern corn pudding, meant to be be served as a side dish.

Southern Corn Pudding

2 cans whole grain corn, drained
2 cans creamed-style corn
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs, well beaten
1 stick (¼ lb.) butter

Mix all ingredients except butter and pour into baking pan. Cut butter into eight pieces and place on top of mixture. Bake at 400° F. for 1½ to 2 hours, until pudding is firm to the touch.

Other recipes have a little flour thrown in, or a little flour/cornmeal combo, but never a lot.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
You will find a corn pudding recipe by Robert del Grande on PBS

Define search criteria using menus and/or keyword:
Chef: Robert Del Grande
Series: Cooking with Master Chefs

You can read the script and view the entire show online.

Top Bottom