Cooking Soundtrack

Joined Jan 25, 2012
Dubstep for baking and zoning out , no fx, some rancid, op ivy, imagine dragons, incubus, chili peppers, bob marley for early morning prep, rolling stones , creedance, all over the place but like said above the more rushed i need to be the more rushed the music gets. 

Joined Mar 12, 2013
bob marley- no woman no cry

tool- stinkfist

Slipknot- psychocosocial

The girl from eponema

the roots- the seed

tribal seed- the garden.

sublime-  date rape, 40 oz

any assortment of sinatra

journey love will find you.....

usually only during cleaning though... gotta have that communication. 

Joined Jan 16, 2013
Dubstep for baking and zoning out , no fx, some rancid, op ivy, imagine dragons, incubus, chili peppers, bob marley for early morning prep, rolling stones , creedance, all over the place but like said above the more rushed i need to be the more rushed the music gets. 

+1 for punk rock prepping

Joined Jan 24, 2013
Thank goodness I work alone in the kitchen and don't have to be subjected to anymore head-banging music. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/laser.gif

I actually work best with very smooth relaxing music such as John Coltrane, Azymuth, Bossa nova, and stations on Pandora like America-(Ventura highway). Fast angry music makes me anxious. I guess it also has to do with how you work. I do catering so I have the luxury of efficiently taking my time. That's not to say I dawdle, but I don't have to move around like a person on speed.

Joined Mar 21, 2013
Me and my co-workers have an on going. Informal game in which we sing random songs mostly love ballads and try to get it stuck in each others head.
I also find myself singing my motions ie....im flippin my eggs then im gonna turn my meat ina made up tune.

Joined Jan 22, 2008
The Pretenders--"Special".  Take me to the River--Talking Heads.  Beautiful Day or One by U2.  Allman Brothers.  The Who. All really help me open a kitchen and cook my ass off. Led Zeppelin and Bob Marley too.

Joined Dec 18, 2011
For prep, lots of punk, a little Leftover Crack, Choking Victim, The Casualties, Bad Religion, The Ramones...

For Service, tends to be a lot of ska, the faster and more aggressive the better, Faintest Idea, Op Ivy, The Pietasters, a little bit of the Planet Smashers if I'm in a good mood

Gotta have good music going

Joined May 25, 2013
Clutch(all albums) keep me going every time, some Pig Destroyer, and Bad Religion recently as well as some Wu-Tang and Atmosphere. Once its close down time I enjoy some tom waits or some slow heavy doom.

Joined May 31, 2013
We've got a little of everything, from surf rock and oldies during the day to the mid afternoon metal, to classic rock or new classic rock. sometimes we will even throw it on the aqua pandora station just for the beats lol. on my way to work my playlist consists of zeppelin, beatles, stones, ray charles, pink floyd when i know its gonna be a long day. during busy busy shifts i'll crank the metal playlist, usually consists of pantera, dimmu borgir, firewind, brujeria, coal chamber, cradle of filfth, dethklok, some manson, misfits, wednesday 13, tool, type o, and a few others

Joined Sep 5, 2012
Recently , Todd Snider and the reddit top 100 one hit wonders on spotify

Joined Apr 11, 2013
Well on a regular day on my commute to work which is about half an hour i listen to a plethora of music. 

So far what i listen to on my commute to work...

Rumour has it - Adele 

Love Song - Sarah Bareiles

HeartBreak WarFare - John Mayer

What Your Want - Evenescence

This is War - 30 second to mars

Lights - Ellie Goulding

Thats What You Get - Paramore

Psy - Gentleman 

Where the Lines Overlap - Paramore

Really when your on the bus for 30 minutes you start caring less and less about wht your listening. 

NOW... when im at work and im in the weeds , having difficulty making my meals ( im responsible for 11 out of 18 hot dishes ) im usually singing in my head

What Does Kill You - by Kelly Clarkson XD

Breed - Nirvana

Oasis - Amanda Palmer

Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris

Or something by Lana Del Ray

But trust me when i see my boss ( owner of the restaurant ) and he just has the Come ate me Bro look , the first song i start to sing is

F*** YOU - By Cee Lo Green 

Last edited:
Joined Nov 26, 2012
kaique:

great songs all around.  don't come across too mant other people who listen to (or know of) 30 seconds to mars - this is war is great but my fav is probably the kill acoustic version :)    i was singing adele last night while making my quiches.  

Joined Apr 11, 2013
kaique:

great songs all around.  don't come across too mant other people who listen to (or know of) 30 seconds to mars - this is war is great but my fav is probably the kill acoustic version :)    i was singing adele last night while making my quiches.  
Best part is when your working the line , getting that rush feeling and your so ahead of the game you just start to sing...

DONT STOP ME NOW - QUEEN 

XD 

Last edited:
Top Bottom