Cooking In Germany

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by ivids, Jun 22, 2005.

1. ivids

ivids

Hello all....

I am planning to move to Germany next summer and was hoping to find out how to go about finding a job there.

I am a dual citizen in Germany and here. So visas are not a problem...

Please help me out.

2. botanique

botanique

Exp:
    Other
    What part of Germany do you plan to move to?

3. ojosverdes

ojosverdes

Ivids,

Do you mean you are a dual citizen of the United States and Germany? If so I was wondering how you did that since I was told by the US embassy when I registered my children here in Germany (their father in German) that they are only allowed to retain both citizenships until the age of 18. At that time they have to choose one or the other. If you know of some loophole please let me know because I would like them to be able to retain both passports. I don't know how old you are so maybe things were different when you were born but I know that as of now people over the age of 18 are not allowed to have a German passport and one from another country. Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with your question but it peaked my curiosity. Good luck in your job hunt.

4. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    It's probably different now. But you used to be able to play the system by getting US citizenship first, then the other country's citizenship second. The US would balk at citizenship for someone who already had citizenship somewhere else, but most other countries didn't care--exceptions do exist of course.

Now, I don't know.

Phil

5. chefoncall

chefoncall

When I went to Austraila, I had to summoned the consolent for cetain visa's within that country for the right to work. It would also suggest to anyone traveling to work. To summoned the government for any special education visa's or special passes to move freely about. The problem is not really getting to another country the problems most times is getting out. Why? We do not stay on top of the current travel arrangements. Some education visa's and work visa's are only good for 45 days some countries it is only good for 6 months. Just depends. Be well prepared from educational variaties.

Worst problem American Chef's have isnot understanding the foreign countries policies for work citizenship and our lack of knowledge. Call a international travel agent in America. Ask many questions. Also, handle your banking before you leave and if at all possible. Take a cell phone and computer.

6. eurojobs

eurojobs