Cooking an omelette:

Joined Jan 20, 2018
Hi. I'm no cook, but I want to improve my health ( I have type 2 diabetes). And on that score, I think making omelettes might be a healthy thing to do. I don't have a hob of any kind.

Today I was looking at omelette makers. In short, after looking at reviews, I came to the conclusion that I'll be disappointed if I buy one. Because the non-stick surface will quickly wear off, and the omelette will probably be too mushy in the inside. Probably the best way to make an omelette is some old-fashioned way.

Okay, so by way of searching the internet, I have been drawn to consider an electric griddle, with a flat surface of stainless steel.

My question is: Would buying an electric griddle, with a flat surface made of stainless steel, be a good decision in light of my desire to make omelettes? Thanks. Rich

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
I think you'd be better served with a stand alone induction hob. Then use compatible pans. Omelette technique is pretty much pan oriented.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Ceramic pans seem to be more durable than teflon.

Joined Aug 21, 2004
I would suggest a setup similar to this and a pan.
pgs-1k_winco-1.jpg

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I suggest watching Jacques Pepin make omelets and practice till you get the technique down. It's more about technique, but the right type of pan will yield better more consistent results.

Joined Apr 3, 2008
You can make scrambled(ish) eggs in the microwave. I’ve even heard of making scrambled eggs by dropping them in boiling water. But you can’t make an omelette unless you have a burner and a good pan.

Top Bottom