Cook from Zurich saying hi

Joined Aug 22, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm not sure I'll be welcome as the posts on here are of a professional nature.
I'm love cooking and baking and hope to learn a thing or two, especially about yeasts and breads.

I'm living in Zürich, Switzerland for about a decade.
The restaurants here aren't like back in Ireland, England, or like in California for that matter.

That has led me to cooking what I like for myself, as I can't get the foods I want elsewhere.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers,
Food Fighter

Joined Oct 1, 2006
Welcome Food Fighter!

Actually, the format on this site blends Pros and Home cooks talking together pretty well!

The Pro section is for the Pros to help each other and the Food and Cooking section is where there is overlap for home cooks to get opinions from Pros on your topic!

Here is my opinion for you1 Become a food tourist! Take a day trip over near France and find that which is different than Zurich! Continue project near Italy, regional Swiss, Food,like dialects, are different everywhere. Like back home in the UK. Melton Mobwray for the Pork Pies!

Good luck and welcome!

Joined Jan 8, 2010
Welcome!
Yeah, you are surrounded by countries with all different kind of foods!
Foodwise, the only thing that comes to mind in Switserland is rosti....
Enjoy, this is a nice community with all levels of cooking skills.
Check out the Monthly challenge (if you haven't yet). It is France this month, so just across the border..

Joined Aug 22, 2021
Welcome!
Yeah, you are surrounded by countries with all different kind of foods!
Foodwise, the only thing that comes to mind in Switserland is rosti....
Enjoy, this is a nice community with all levels of cooking skills.
Check out the Monthly challenge (if you haven't yet). It is France this month, so just across the border..
Thanks for the heads up on the monthly challenge. I've submitted the winner earlier in the month!

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Welcome to ChefTalk we are glad to have you.

Top Bottom