Chef Forum banner

cook ahead beef

735 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  seameadows 
#1 ·
Hello my husband and I raise beef and delivered our daughters 1/4 last week (half side). She called last night to say her freezer has quit ~ great! today we are in a cooking frenzy. If anyone has any tips on how best to cook the steaks for her to refreeze and use later please advise. I believe we have all the other cuts planned out. TNX. Deb

#3 ·
Cut streaks are touchy but can be done. Mark on grill cook to very rare. cool quickly then refridge . To reheat either put in 250 oven wrapped tight in foil about 1/2 hour.check. Steak wont be really hot but at an eatable temp.

#4 ·
Dear Ed & mrn; Thank you for the info and tips which confirm my thoughts exactly ~ the plan at present is to do a mild seasoning and then do a quick grill (monitoring each cut) and upon Ed's advise will followup with a quick cool and will then pack in an airtight foodsaver bag and freeze with note as per cooking instructions. Thanks so much ~ from our kitchen to yours. Debra ~ Seameadows Farm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.