cook ahead beef

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by seameadows, Nov 17, 2010.

1. seameadows

seameadows

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Hello my husband and I raise beef and delivered our daughters 1/4 last week (half side). She called last night to say her freezer has quit ~ great! today we are in a cooking frenzy. If anyone has any tips on how best to cook the steaks for her to refreeze and use later please advise. I believe we have all the other cuts planned out. TNX. Deb

2. mrnmarius

mrnmarius

Exp:
    At home cook
    i think it would be god to put if for a few hours in an recipient with water and salt and some condiments, to give her an great flawour!

3. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Cut streaks are touchy but can be done. Mark on grill cook to very rare. cool quickly then refridge . To reheat either put in 250 oven wrapped tight in foil about 1/2 hour.check. Steak wont be really hot but at an eatable temp.

4. seameadows

seameadows

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Dear Ed & mrn; Thank you for the info and tips which confirm my thoughts exactly ~ the plan at present is to do a mild seasoning and then do a quick grill (monitoring each cut) and upon Ed's advise will followup with a quick cool and will then pack in an airtight foodsaver bag and freeze with note as per cooking instructions. Thanks so much ~ from our kitchen to yours. Debra ~ Seameadows Farm