Cook a chicken thigh in under 10 minutes?

Joined Oct 3, 2018
Hey guys,
Was thinking about putting a chicken thigh roulade on as a starter special this weekend but worried about the cooking time. Think it's possible to get it done in 10 minutes? Was thinking to sear it covered on the steak grill for a few minutes and finish it in the oven. Reckon it's realistic? Otherwise, any suggestions?
Thanks.

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Sounds to me like a recipe for disaster, I'm afraid. You'd be fine with a bunch, and then, lo and behold, you serve one that gets cut open--and is (or looks to be) raw inside. Not good.

Is cooking sous vide a possibility? Then you could get it fully cooked in advance and have it ready to go. Pat very dry and sear in a little super-hot oil, easy-peasy, take 3-4 minutes tops.

Joined Jan 8, 2010
10 minutes sounds too short to me, unless you pre-cook?
But that wouldn't be best quality

Joined Jan 19, 2014
I'd go the sous vide route also. They're cheap now, and easy to use. You'll get great results.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Pre brown, wrap in plastic, chill. To serve, you can nuke it for 1 minute, and then in the oven for a few minutes.

Joined Sep 5, 2012
Sous vide. Work well also if you wrap/vac and do it in a rational style oven say at 80c with a temp probe. Then sear and serve.

Latest posts

Top Bottom