Colloid Mill

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by chefshane, Apr 8, 2014.

1. chefshane

chefshane

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi everyone,

This will be my first post on ChefTalk, so I will introduce myself. Please forgive me if I'm posting this thread in the wrong category.

I am a chef, working with my wife and co-chef in the Bay Area. We own a catering company, and have recently launched a line of cultured vegan tree nut creams. Currently we are using a Vitamix to process our raw ingredients, however, demand for our product has sharply increased. In order to keep up we need a machine that will mill the nuts to such a consistency that there will be not perceptible particles in the final product without be passed through a sieve (or chinois, super bag, etc.). Doing some research, I've found that a Colloid Mill meant for laboratory r&d should be sufficient for our purposes.

My question is, have any of you had any experience with a Colloid Mill? Do any of you know of any other equipment that would get the job done?

Thank you for your time.

2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I think your question is beyond the knowledge of the members of this site. Good luck in your search.