Smoked Chile del Arbol Salsa

30-40 chile del Arbol pods, stems removed

1 lb. sliced Roma tomatoes

3-4 garlic cloves, peeled

1 sliced onion

Smoked sea salt

Fresh ground pepper

½ cup chopped Cilantro

I smoked the chiles, tomatoes, garlic and onions in my Weber 22.5 in. grill, using the AMZN cold smoker. I lit up two rows of mesquite, more rows is too much smoke in a 22.5 in grill for my liking. Just for fun, I coated some Oaxaca and Manchego cheese with some spices I use in my chorizo, such as garlic, smoked Spanish paprika and mild Chimayo. But, that's another thread/recipe.

After the smoke, I toasted the chiles in a dry skillet at medium heat, until they started to smoke. I then removed them from the skillet to cool. I chopped the onions and garlic, and I put them in the skillet, along with a little olive oil, letting them cook until translucent. I then put everything in a food processor along with the Cilantro, adding about ¼ cup of water at a time, as I pulsed it to the consistency I like. Lastly I added a little smoked sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, and served it with chips.

It's all good my friend.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.