Coconut Grater

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Just thought I'd let everyone know about my new buy... a coconut grater! I got it at my local Indian grocer. It has a vacuum bottom which sticks to the counter pretty well. I haven't yet used it but I'll post a followup when I do!

Kuan

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Wow Kuan! I'm interested. Please follow up once you've tried your new grater. If you could find a pix, it would be great too!

:p

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
rasper.jpg

I used this thing to grate three coconuts. It's tempting to make this a two person operation but it's actually easier with one. I found that I could get a better feel for the operation if I did it alone. The suction base didn't work all the time but it was good enough for a minute or so of grating and then you either should reset it or it pops off. It also rotates around its base. Although this is a little annoying, it's much easier than grating coconut by hand!

Kuan

Joined Mar 13, 2001
What if you wet your counter or the underside of your base, maybe it would be more stable. Have you tried?

Otherwise, what a nice gadget!

:rolleyes:

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Yeah I DID use the water on the base trick. OK, I confess, the counter was wet and I was lazy to wipe it down! :) It might work better on a stainless counter. I believe I'm just plain strong.

Kuan

Latest posts

Top Bottom