cobia

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by chefdrp, Dec 30, 2003.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp

Hi all, I am new to this site. I need a recipe for Cobia fish. Any help would be great.

2. chef from va

chef from va

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    i love cobia! unfortunately they are realy hard to find in my area and you can only catch them during a small window of time each year. anyways i like to grill cobia steaks after marinating them for a few hours in
    2 tbsp lime juice
    1/4 cup mirin
    2 tbsp lite soy sauce
    to taste cracked peppercorn medely
    1 tbsp white miso paste
    1 cup of luke warm water
    2 tbsp clover honey
    and a dash of oyster sauce

grill to however you like it and i serve it with some rice pilaf and some stemed summer squash :lips:
    hope this helps you a bit i like it hopefully you will to

3. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    With all do respect, this recipe sounds so heavy with way to many flavors going on. Oyster sauce with miso, mirin and soy + honey? this will not elevate the delicate flavor Cobia, but turn it into a TGIF special. I know I might be a bit harsh but you need to really look at your ingredients and composition.

4. chef from va

chef from va

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    just giving my input that is how i personaly like my fish. it might not be for everyone but like i said i like it. be as harsh as you like it doesnt bother me i just, like anyone else in this forum have my own personal tastes.

5. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    cobia is one of my favorite fish toeat.I find it has a very natural flavor ,fresh caught. The only thing I add is a light nutty flavor. I brown butter, scrape all the browning off the pan and grind with fresh garlic, lemon juice, make a paste and grill.