cobia

Joined Dec 29, 2003
Hi all, I am new to this site. I need a recipe for Cobia fish. Any help would be great.

Joined Nov 13, 2003
i love cobia! unfortunately they are realy hard to find in my area and you can only catch them during a small window of time each year. anyways i like to grill cobia steaks after marinating them for a few hours in
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup mirin
2 tbsp lite soy sauce
to taste cracked peppercorn medely
1 tbsp white miso paste
1 cup of luke warm water
2 tbsp clover honey
and a dash of oyster sauce

grill to however you like it and i serve it with some rice pilaf and some stemed summer squash :lips:
hope this helps you a bit i like it hopefully you will to

Joined Jul 31, 2000
With all do respect, this recipe sounds so heavy with way to many flavors going on. Oyster sauce with miso, mirin and soy + honey? this will not elevate the delicate flavor Cobia, but turn it into a TGIF special. I know I might be a bit harsh but you need to really look at your ingredients and composition.

Joined Nov 13, 2003
just giving my input that is how i personaly like my fish. it might not be for everyone but like i said i like it. be as harsh as you like it doesnt bother me i just, like anyone else in this forum have my own personal tastes.

Joined Jul 28, 2001
cobia is one of my favorite fish toeat.I find it has a very natural flavor ,fresh caught. The only thing I add is a light nutty flavor. I brown butter, scrape all the browning off the pan and grind with fresh garlic, lemon juice, make a paste and grill.

Top Bottom