Cloudberries?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by mudbug, Mar 6, 2001.

1. mudbug

mudbug

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Anyone ever use these in their cooking?

2. davewarne

davewarne

I think they make an expensive jam from them in Scandinavia.

3. isa

isa

I think you can buy cloudberries preserve at Ikea.

4. mudbug

mudbug

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    davewarne, Iza, Deb,

Thanks for the input. I'm still searching for anyone with personal experience with cloudberries... ;)

5. w.debord

w.debord

Hey, did you just get that from a current magazine? I can't remember which but I noticed someone was using them in a recipe, either Pastry Art & Design or Gourmet maybe....?

I get alittle upset with recipes calling for such little known and not available produce. Don't any of the writers work in a professional kitchen? Even Figs, I'm soooo tired of seeing recipes using fresh figs! Their available in my area for about a week and then their either rock hard or mush.

Yes, let's explore and learn, but it's alot more fun when the reader could actually try out your recipe. :mad:

6. mudbug

mudbug

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    W.DeBord,

Yes, it is frustrating when you see a recipe you'd like to try but you feel you can't get the ingredients. At the same time, I appreciate the variety of information by way of recipes that are available to us. Television and the internet have greatly informed us of unusual and exotic ingredients. How many of us would have known about fennel pollen 15 years ago? I feel it gives us something to consider and maybe go out of our way to try. Also, if there is an ingredient you are really looking for, you can always mail order it direct from a supplier. :)