Closing the blogs down

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by nicko, Dec 18, 2009.

1. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    To All,

ChefTalk will be discontinuing our blogs feature at the end of the month. We had hoped this would be a more active section of our site but it has not gone as well as we hoped. Our intention is to take the blogs down for now and relaunch the blogs under a better more blog friendly platform.

Thanks,

2. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    That's a shame. Here's hoping the new look, whenever it comes and whatever it is, does better for you.

In the meantime, I'd like to thank you for the opportunity and all the fun the old look afforded me.

Thanks again,
    BDL

3. pazzo

pazzo

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I can't say that I participated in writing my own blog, but I did enjoy perusing what ones existed! I hope it works out better next time around (and BDL's blogs are saved as it would be a shame to lose such a wonderful source of information).

4. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I've really enjoyed blogging my ideas about cooking, how to teach it, how to learn it, my own adventures, and the ideas related towards writing and finishing a cookbook here on CT.

Nicko feels it's necessary to reorganize the blogging section, and I heartily endorse any effort to get more participation there.

So far CT has not responded to the question of whether or not they're going to archive the old posts. Regarding mine, I am in the process of starting my own blog on a website devoted entirely to the purpose, and look forward to seeing you there as soon as I get it open, sometime before Christmas.

If anyone's interested in the old CFG Blog posts that were posted here, I've got copies and will be re-posting them at the new blog site. If you'd like me to post the comments there as well, let me know very soon because I'll have to make copies.

Thanks for all your comments and support regarding the blog.

Meanwhile, don't take this as goodbye. I plan to continue to actively participate in the CT discussion forums.

BDL

PS. I'll be posting this as a blog entry as well.

5. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    We will not be archiving your old posts BDL. You are starting your own blog on a different website and you can simply copy your posts over there. Pretty simple and you only have a handful of blog entries to move.

6. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Nicko,

You wrote, But, as I'd already written, So as you said, "pretty simple."

Again, thanks for the opportunity ... not only on my behalf but for everyone who's used the CT blog sites.

BDL

7. benrias

benrias

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Aw...that's too bad, but I fully support whatever it takes to keep ChefTalk growing! I didn't even realize that the blogs were on the way out until tonight, just now! I was about to post something but I couldn't find my blog. Oh well...at least I found the announcement before sending off an email asking "Where are the blogs?" LOL. Good luck with the changes Nicko! :peace: