Cleaning the grill

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by pastachef, Feb 8, 2005.

1. pastachef

pastachef

I'd like to know how other people clean their stove top grill. I have tried every method, and the one I find best is the steaming water and a grill screen. But sometimes even this is hard. :confused:

2. katbalou

katbalou

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    i always added some vinegar or lemon juice to your cleaning method - cuts the grease.
    kat

3. jscibelli

jscibelli

I'm the worst...I've narrowed it down to a science after a few years of the Jade flat-top. Once it has cooled for 50 minutes, I scrub only with white-wine vinegar and grill screens.

For some reason at 50 minutes, the temperature of the flat-top seems to be perfect and the vinegar "washes away the grease". I know, I'm becoming a mad scientist. LOL

4. pastachef

pastachef

Thank you both. I have been using vinegar to freshen the grill after cleaning it. Now I know what the vinegar is really for. Lol. :D

5. cheech

cheech

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I have found Sprite or Pink Lemonade to work as well...

6. chadgkiss@yahoo

[email protected]

Clean your flat top with a little fryer oil line cook style when it is warm or slighlty hot -use the brick -be a little careful around the sides oil could splater i think it is the best way with out pitting the metel with chemical abrasives and pouring cold vinegars and water onto hot metel i do not think after a long period is good for the metel besides whatever you pour onto it will reduce and leave residue and make it longer for you to clean i'am not a metel expert, just cleaned those darn things way to many times or you could wait for it to get cold and lemon juice it an hour later etc..but when you gotta be out the door cause the company wont pay you and it needs to shine.....

flat tops are not all alike they sell them made of all types of steel,cast iron etc.....