Cinque Terra, Italy

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by jscibelli, Feb 10, 2005.

1. jscibelli

jscibelli

Has anyone dined or lodged in any of the 5 towns in Cinque Terra, Italy? I'm also looking to visit some of the towns just north of the French Riviera. Any advice would be great...and culinary thoughts as well!
    Thanks
    Jen

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Slow Travel is a wonderful travel site which has extensive information about Italy and France. The members are as friendly and welcoming as at Chef Talk. (The board functions very much like this one, too.)

Just understand that they emphasize slow travel, not "what can I see in five days in France". Their definition of "slow" is that you linger for weeks or months in a city or area and get to know it well, rather than try to cram everything into a few days.

That said, you can benefit from their extensive knowledge. Many of the members are particularly drawn to Italy and have traveled there quite a bit. Since they have visited an area for a long time or many times, they really know the area you're inquiring about. A few Chef Talk members also visit Slow Travel. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. :bounce:

3. jscibelli

jscibelli

thank you for the info...everyone on this site has been so thoughtful and charming, it's a pleasure to chat with such great people. Thank you!
    Jen

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Grazie, and buon viaggio!

Mezzaluna