Ciao

Joined Jan 31, 2003
Hi!

I am new to this Forum. My name is Francesca, I am Italian, I have been living in the US for 2 years. I am not (yet) a cooking professional, I have a totally different job, but on July I am going to cooking school. My dream is not to become a professional chef, more an expert in Italian gastronomy, so to become a teacher of Italian food and culinary traditions.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Benvenuta a the Chef Talk Cafe, Francesca! We hope you enjoy browsing our forums. And don't forget to check out the great articles and features at cheftalk.com, too.

If you have questions, please do ask.

Joined Jan 24, 2003
Hi Francesca

welcome

a brave vocation becoming a chef...long hours..heat & sweat
but **** were all mad enough to do it so rock n roll. italians taught
the world to cook including the french so no problems there.
check out the river cafe in london on the net this has been voted the best italian restaurant in europe including italy ( i have my doubts ) nonetheless its top drawer cooking & incidentally where
our own now rich & famous jamie oliver was discovered toiling away.
go for it

Joined Jan 11, 2002
Ciao Francesca!
Benvenuta a Cheftalk!

In realtà, anche se vari italiani sono formalmente iscritti al sito, solo pochi (che io sappia) lo frequentano abitualmente. Spero che anche tu ti aggiunga a questi e contribuisca a tenere alta la bandiera della cucina mediterranea!

A presto,

Pongi

(As usual, some Italian exercise for our friends...) ;)

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Pongi, I have already learned something... benvenuto/benvenuta! Thank you for that. Every little bit counts.

Yes, we do have other Italian members posting here (did I get that right?) and look forward to your posts, too Francesca!

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Welcome Francesca. If you are planning on attending culinary school then I would suggest taking a look at "A Day In The Life Of An American Culinary Student". It is on online journal of Logan Worley who recently attended culinary school.

Here is the link:

http://www.cheftalk.com/content/journal/index.cfm

Latest posts

Top Bottom