ciao

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Salute! Welcome to Chef Talk, papcia! My Italian is poor, so I won't embarass myself by trying to say more. I was in your beautiful country this past summer, and enjoyed many feasts: for the eyes, the palate and the memory.

In what region do you live? We will be happy to welcome another Italian to our board. Perhaps our Pongi can give you a true Italian welcome!

Please enjoy browsing all of the forums, and posting your questions and comments. If you questions about the board, please ask.

Joined Jan 14, 2003
i'm from campania, Caserta. My english is bad i hope you understand wath i write in future :).
Teresa

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Welcome to Chef Talk Papcia!

Don't worry about your English, for many of us English is a second language. :)

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I would love to know more about the cuisine of Campania, Teresa. What foods are in the mercato now?

Joined Jan 14, 2003
:D Isa smack!!!
Mezzaluna, yesterday, i try :)( ) to traslate some menù :)mad: ). I will traslate "deliziosa al limone" a cake with lemon of the Costa Amalfitana.....
Now i'm working, i will traslate and write in the afternoon....

Ciao a tutti smackkkkk

Joined Jan 11, 2002
Ciao papcia!

Hope that my Italian Welcome will be appreciated by our friends who like practising italian language...and that the others will not mind if they can't understand a single word ;)

Benvenuta a Cheftalk!
Io frequento CT da circa un anno ed è un sito fantastico, pieno di gente simpatica e fonte inesauribile di informazioni e consigli. I membri sono in buona parte professionisti, il che è di incalcolabile aiuto per una dilettante come me! Tutti sono molto cordiali, e visto che nessuno si è mai formalizzato per il MIO inglese a maggior ragione non si creeranno problemi per il tuo:)
Se comunque ti facesse piacere fare due chiacchiere in italiano o avere qualche notizia in più sul sito senza annoiare i nostri amici stranieri, mandami un messaggio privato.
Ora torno all'inglese perchè ciò che ti devo chiedere è di interesse per tutti.

Some time ago I started a thread about a lemon pie which recipe I was looking for. I have some reason to believe it could be a "Torta di Limone all'Amalfitana" I've heard about online, so you come at the right time!
I described that lemon pie (I had it at a dinner party) in my thread, so if you find it with the Search function (use the keywords "lemon cake" and you'll surely find it) it's likely you can tell me if it's just the same of your Deliziosa al Limone!

Mille grazie,

Pongi

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Pongi, we should all blush... you say such nice things about us! My Italian is rudimentary, but I can tell when I'm being complimented. :blush:

I am willing to bet we have speakers representing a host of languages, and more every day. I think we did a thread on this once, but with so many new members, it would be fun to start a new one!

Stop in the Late Night Cafe for that conversation.

Joined Jan 23, 2002
Welcome to ChefTalk, Papcia! My most memorable vacation to date is of Italy and I can't wait to return and explore other regions. I hope you will be sharing some of the wonderful flavors of your region with us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom