Ciao Tutti

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by cheffoxx, Nov 30, 2003.

1. cheffoxx

cheffoxx

Hello Everyone. My name is Keith. I am a culinary professional who studied in Vancouver, B.C. at Dubrulle Culinary Institute. I learned classic French techniques, but now I'm focusing on Italian by going to the new Slow Food school in Italy next year. Afterwards, I want to return to South Florida and work on private yachts while preparing to open my own authentic Italian osteria. Thats me.:bounce: :bounce:

2. flash

flash

cool bro, welcome to CTC

sounds like you're on your way and doing well, cool.

by the way, what is an osteria?

take care man,

flash

3. cheffoxx

cheffoxx

I'm not an Italian historian, but an osteria is from an ancient Roman word hosteria. It was a place to go that felt like home with warm surroundings and hearthy comforting food. Today, it is loosely used for any kind of casual restaurant--think Bistro. I hope that answered your question.

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Benvenuto, ChefFoxx! I envy your upcoming training. Where is the Slow Food school in Italy?

Welcome to our Cafe! We look forward to hearing from you as you peruse the many forums here.

Ciao,
    Mezzaluna

5. cheffoxx

cheffoxx

My school is in Jesi, Italy in the Marche region. Its near Ancona on the Adriatic coast. Nice to meet you Mezzaluna