ciabatta Bread

Joined Jan 9, 2016
hi.. i have been trying a lot of recipes to do ciabatta bread. i have made loafs, buns, and baguettes. but I always end up with a really heavy bread, when i used to find it in bakeries here in Amman, Jordan. it was not that heavy.

i have tried proofing the dough for 18-24hrs and i have tried the quick 3 hrs proofing dough.

any insights on how to make good ciabatta ? 

Joined Aug 4, 2000

.............i have tried proofing the dough for 18-24hrs and i have tried the quick 3 hrs proofing dough..............
What is the weight of your flour, what kind of flour, what is the percent hydration and which brand and kind of yeast are you using????  How much yeast?

Joined Aug 14, 2000
The essential element to ciabatta with a very open crumb is hydration. My ciabatta dough is almost more of a batter. You shouldn't be able to knead or hold the dough as you would a regular dough. I have some pics and if I can find them I will post.

Kyle

Last edited:

cerise

Banned
Joined Jul 5, 2013
kyleW your bread looks fab.

Hard to tell what went wrong without specifics and other factors.

Take a look at chef john's food wishes no-knead ciabatta video. There are some good tips there that might help.

Last edited:
Joined Aug 14, 2000
I'd love to see the video. Got a link? And IMHO, "no knead ciabatta" is redundant [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Kyle

Last edited:

cerise

Banned
Joined Jul 5, 2013
Hi ya kyle. Wanted to post the video, but haven't figured it out on a tablet. Try a search under the title no-knead ciabatta, chef john, food wishes. Sorry 'bout that. I'll bring the butter :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom