Chocolate tempering machines

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by cookiejar, Feb 14, 2006.

1. cookiejar

cookiejar

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    Has anyone used (or heard about) the Rev 2 (approx $400) tempering machine? Thinking about getting one and this looks like it could work for me, if it works well. Any suggestions?

2. cakerookie

cakerookie

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Do a search of the forum. Or look for posts by Chrose on chocolate.Wish I could help but don't know that much about chocolate still trying to master everything else.....

3. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Yeah, I've got an older version. Nice little machine, but small, only holds maybe 2 lbs, but there are ways of stretching this amount. It's good for a lot of things, but beware of those hot humid days in summer, unless you're in an a/conditioned work room, it won't work well.
    I've had mine now for about 5 years, no complaints yet!

4. cookiejar

cookiejar

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    Thanks for the input. I finally found my way to the other forums on this subject. I know most people are concerned about the small amount that it tempers, but I think it will be perfect for me...I was just concerned if it actually tempered the chocolate well enough. Regarding the hot, humid days...NO problem...I'm in Arizona and everyone knows it's a dry heat:lol: