chocolate prune cake

Joined Mar 11, 2001
hi,
I'm looking for a recipe for a chocolate prune cake.
i heared that in New Zealand there is a bakery that makes a great one.can u help? thanks.:lips:

Joined Feb 6, 2002
Chocolate Prune Cake

1 c Prunes -- pitted & cut up
1 ts Baking Soda
1 c Boiling Water
1 c Butter
1 c Sugar
2 Eggs
1 3/4 c Flour
2 tbs Cocoa Powder

Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a bundt pan. Sprinkle soda on prunes. Pour boiling water over and allow to cool. Cream butter and sugar in food processor. Add eggs. Add prune mixture and whir about 15 seconds. Add flour sifted with cocoa. Mix till blended with on/off motion. Pour into pan. Bake 45-55 minutes.n When cool, turn out. Sprinkle with icing (powdered) sugar if you like.

Chocolate Fudge Frosting

1/4 c Water
1/4 c Shortening
1/4 c Light corn syrup
2 c Sifted powdered sugar
1/2 c Cocoa powder
1/4 ts Salt
1/2 ts Vanilla

To make frosting, bring water to boil. Remove from heat and beat in shortening and corn syrup. Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and cream well to spreading consistency. Use to frost cooled cake.

Recipes Courtesey of the Los Angeles Times copyright 1992

Amira

Hope these help. Remember...you can always tweak a recipe.

Chiff

For some strange reason I thought about your post in the Nutrition Forum (Favorite Cure Foods) and started laughing. :D

Jodi

Joined Jul 28, 2001
Marm,
I think a squidgy is an item to push liquids around and corral them to push them through an opening.
Prunes/Chocolate: I think I get it.:confused:

Joined Aug 29, 2000
:lol: Pongi, do you mean "squeegee"?!! Hey, prunes and squeegees: they're both for cleaning jobs! :p

Joined Apr 30, 2001
I personally thought that Squidgy was the term used for the type of chocolate cake which would stick to the wall if you threw it!

That isn't right?

N

Top Bottom