Don't see the reason to add anything to your chocolate. If you add any liquids or fats, the chocolate will never set up as hard as originally.
When I dip, I leave about 1/8th of the strawb undipped. Chocolate shrinks a bit as it dries (which is why it molds so easy ) the undipped portion of the strawb will prevent cracking. Also the strawb will sweat profusely and immediatley if it is entirely covered in anything.
All right then, I will only use chocolate then. Never had a problem with mold. At home they were always eaten right away and I only worked at one hotel where I only had to make them to be given away complimentary along with a bottle of Champagne to a few special guests