CHocolate Coating Brands

Joined Jul 28, 2021
what would be the rank of following coating brands? currently i use valrhona feves, to cop up with Honourable market, need 4-5 professionals experience.
Callebaut
Cacao Barry
Guittard
Belcolade
Valhrona
Tcho Chocolate
Cordillera
Felchlin

Joined Feb 18, 2007
Coating chocolate, not couveture, right?

We use Felchlin in house to dip cheesecake pops and coat cookies with. People like the taste, it's easy to handle (we use the coins, not the bucket - the white bucket has a tendency to caramelize on the bottom with repeated use) and I don't have to temper chocolate just to dip cheesecake.

I used Cacao Barry but the plastic buckets were problematic because if someone forgot to turn off the heat under the pail, the bucket would melt. So really it's user error ;)

Joined Dec 29, 2019
what would be the rank of following coating brands? currently i use valrhona feves, to cop up with Honourable market, need 4-5 professionals experience.
Callebaut
Cacao Barry
Guittard
Belcolade
Valhrona
Tcho Chocolate
Cordillera
Felchlin
I like callebaut 811.
Add cocoa butter to thin it if needed and uns pure choc liquor if I want a stronger darker choc.

Joined Mar 8, 2016
Callebaut
Cacao Barry
Guittard
Belcolade
Valhrona
Tcho Chocolate
Cordillera
Felchlin
Callebaut is good-mid range to high quality chocolate depending on what you get. I use their semi-chocolate bark for dipping strawberries. Especially, during valentines day and I get some many compliments on the taste. It also, doesn't bloom and have a good look. Also, it's fairly easy to get your hands on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom