Chocolate bread pudding

kc

Joined Sep 27, 2000
I am looking for a good recipe for chocolate bread pudding, preferably one that does not require a quart of cream and therefore large amounts of fat.

Thanks.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Ok, Chocolate bread pudding.
Well we do something a little different.

Chocolate pound cake cut into 2 inch squares
Chocolate coffee beans
Chocolate custard
soak the pound cake for a little bit in the custard, fold in the chocolate coffee beans, bake it off and serve with a pecon praline ice cream and chicory coffee.

Be prepared to stay up all night ;)
cc

Joined Apr 19, 2001
OOOH, cape chef!!! Sounds awesome! Maybe you should post the recipe in the 'Food of Love' thread - just to help -ahem - folks stay up all night!!!!;)

Joined Oct 27, 2001
:cry: It would sound even better if I knew what chocolate pound cake was (do i have to make it?. . . is it like a brownie?), are chocolate coffee beans just the beans covered in chocolate? And. . .chocolate custard?? Sounds great but I DON"T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT :cry: :cry: :cry:

Joined Dec 4, 2001
Rachel, it must be frustrating for you that many of the members here are North American and speak another language.
A 'pound cake" is fairly dense cake with lots of butter in it. It's typically baked in a loaf pan and cut into slices like bread. I think the nearest equivalent for you would be a Madiera cake although if I remember, the crumb is a little dryer than that of a pound cake.

Jock

Joined Oct 27, 2001
Thank you Jock, so you mean more like Normandy butter cake than Victoria Sponge then? Now i understand!!!:D

Joined Oct 28, 1999
I seem to recall the origins of the term Pound Cake derived from "pound of sugar, pound of flour, pound of butter". Maybe?

Joined Oct 27, 2001
Now the mystery of the pound cake has been solved (one day I will get my revenge with a recipe with castor sugar, suet, iron bru and every other word that I can think of :p). Chocolate coffee beans? I've only ever seen chocolate coated coffee beans here in the distant north, but given the invention of Americans and coffee, do you mean something else CC?

Top Bottom