Chocoflex - invert sugar

Joined Jan 17, 2017
I have been trying to work with a raspberry ganache from Bachour’s “Chocolate” book. The recipe works just fine but for the fact that he suggests to fill silicone molds with it and freeze it. The recipe contains invert sugar and it never solidifies enough in the freezer to unmold it. I’m using a chocoflex mold that is said to NOT stick. I’m thinking it’s the invert sugar that is the culprit. Any suggestions?

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Invert sugar is there to prevent crystallization and to extend the shelf life.
If the ganache is not freezing it’s probably because there’s too much sugar. Try using a couverture with higher cocoa %, which also means it has a lower sugar content.

Joined Jan 17, 2017
Invert sugar is there to prevent crystallization and to extend the shelf life.
If the ganache is not freezing it’s probably because there’s too much sugar. Try using a couverture with higher cocoa %, which also means it has a lower sugar content.

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it. If it helps, let me give you the recipe in question and the ingredients I'm using.

125g Ravifruit Raspberry puree
25g invert sugar
100g cream
450g Valrhona Ivorie white chocolate, 35%
35g butter

The ganache is coming together in the usual way. Sugar, puree, cream to boil. Pour over melted white choc, emulsify, add softened butter. But it never freezes. Cut the sugar? Eliminate it? Replace it with a lesser quantity of regular sugar? Replace some of the white chocolate with cocoa butter? Its going to be floating in a layer of raspberry mousse so it has to be fork tender or it will ruin the rest of the dessert. But it has to freeze too or it can't be easily incorporated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom