Chicken Parmigiano

Joined Nov 27, 2006
Hello everyone as you know by know I post cooking videos on Sunday.

chicken Parmesan is today's video.

tell me your favorite ways to spice up this classic.

Joined Feb 8, 2009
Looks good! thats also the way I do it. I saw your Tomato cutting video. Just remember when your posting a video in a site where Chefs will critique your work, watch out for a lot of know-it-all comments. Most all of the Chefs in this site have worked in the industry for years and have seen it all. We all think that what we do is the best, I mean, If it wasn't the best why would we do it the way we do. The hardest thing to learn in our industry is to learn from our mistakes and accept criticism. We should always be open to new and different ways of preparing food.........Great job.......ChefBillyB

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Looks good, I'd eat it!   At home I make it a little bit differently by using a whole chicken breast, not flattened out.  In my breadcrumb mixture I also grate a little garlic into it as well as a teensy amount of lemon zest, makes a big difference!  I sear it on the stove top first before putting it into the oven to cook the rest of the way.  I don't go past 160F internal.  I also like my chicken super crispy so I don't put any sauce on it until I serve it.  And I like to use a nice thick fresh slice of mozzarella, not the low moisture kind.  I broil it until it melts and just begins to take color, but without letting it burn.  As for the noodles, I only want a quarter of the amount of sauce that you used, and lots of fresh parsley.  I had a picture of my parmesan around here somewhere, trying to find it.

Joined May 27, 2013
Hi. Is there a reason why you don't season the chicken before the flour and do it after pouring oil on it? What prevents the oil from making the milanese all soggy? Take my comments with a grain of salt, as I've made this "dish" maybe thrice in my life. I usually fry the fillet and rack it, then broil it to melt the cheese. I'm guessing other restaurants probably use the deep fryer to cook the chicken. . . Convection ovens in the restaurant I worked at were used for catering and prep only. 

And I wonder why chicken parm is so popular. I find it rather pedestrian. Sure, it's comfort food, but it's not my go to chicken dish. It reminds me of american interpretation of Italian food. Which it is. Smothering everything in a marinara sauce isn't appealing to me, but hey. Lots of people like it. But yeah, I'd eat your food. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif  

Last edited:
Joined Apr 3, 2008

Hi. Is there a reason why you don't season the chicken before the flour and do it after pouring oil on it? What prevents the oil from making the milanese all soggy? Take my comments with a grain of salt, as I've made this "dish" maybe thrice in my life. I usually fry the fillet and rack it, then broil it to melt the cheese. I'm guessing other restaurants probably use the deep frier to cook the chicken. . . Convection ovens in the restaurant I worked at were used for catering and prep only. 

And I wonder why chicken parm is so popular. I find it rather pedestrian. Sure, it's comfort food, but it's not my go to chicken dish. It reminds me of american interpretation of Italian food. Which it is. Smothering everything in a marinara sauce isn't appealing to me, but hey. Lots of people like it. But yeah, I'd eat your food. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
I've "oven fried" chicken before and it works although not as well as regular frying.  I've experimented by coating the chicken in oil and then breading.  I've also tried oiling it after breading and it works oil too although it doesn't make a pretty crust.  

Pedestrian food can be so comforting right?  Chicken parm is definitely not popular here in NYC, I hardly ever find it on the menu of Italian restaurants here  (maybe at diners?) but in other parts of the country it's quintessential italian-american food along with meatball subs, fettucine alfredo, and spaghetti meatballs.  You gotta love it for what it is and if done well it's hard to turn your nose up at it!

Joined Nov 27, 2006
so as for why not fry it frist. my restaurant does not have a deep fryer. aslo it does not get soggy from putting the oil on this way it still gets crispy. (not as crispy as a fryer ill admit.) the reason i thought id share this method is because its very simple but still gives great quality results.

Joined Mar 21, 2008
I saw some cross contamination possibilities. You handled the baking platter after touching the raw chicken, washed your hands, then handled it again... with chicken I am super cautious in the kitchen! I use gloves to handle it!

Joined Nov 27, 2006

I saw some cross contamination possibilities. You handled the baking platter after touching the raw chicken, washed your hands, then handled it again... with chicken I am super cautious in the kitchen! I use gloves to handle it!
gloves for that purpose are a wast of money. as per health board rulls you must wash your hands both before putting gloves on and after taking gloves off .  washing my hands was so I could grab the oil and seasoning.

Last edited:
Joined Sep 5, 2008

Thanks now I can sleep.
Ok, now this is getting ridiculous.

You know what's funny? You come here post your videos and ask for feedback. But the truth is, you couldn't care less about feedback. All you want is to get YouTube views. Hits. Now for some (obscure) reason the mods here are allowing you to spam this board. Personally I find it diminishes the quality of the board. Let's get it straight: we don't need your videos. On the other hand, YOU need the "views." So you show up here and pretend to ask for feedback, which is enough to let the mods let you post your videos so you can achiever you view count.

The truth is, an instructional video teaching people how to make chicken stock by telling you "so, take your chicken breasts..." while you take chicken bones (no breasts) on the screen is NOT a good instructional video. And I'm sure that if you truly search deep within yourself, you'll agree with that. And I told you that in the thread where you asked for feedback on your chicken stock video. And you chose not to answer, but instead, post more videos. Which proves my point: you couldn't care less about feedback - or about the actual quality of your tutorial videos. Like most YouTubers, you just want to get some hits, some decent YouTube ranking, and you're using this board (most likely amids a few others) to get a few more hits (I've never seen you post anything other than your videos).

I'm not sure why the mods aren't seeing through you... but I am.

Last edited:
Joined Nov 27, 2006

Ok, now this is getting ridiculous.

You know what's funny? You come here post your videos and ask for feedback. But you the truth is, you couldn't care less about feedback. All you want is to get YouTube views. Hits. Now for some (obscure) reason the mods here are allowing you to spam this board. Personally I find it diminishes the quality of the board. Let's get it straight: we don't need your videos. On the other hand, YOU need the "views." So you show up here and pretend to ask for feedback, which is enough to let the mods let you post your videos so you can achiever you view count.

The truth is, an instructional video teaching people how to make chicken stock by telling you "so, take your chicken breasts..." while you take chicken bones (no breasts) on the screen is NOT a good instructional video. And I'm sure you'll agree with that. And I told you that in the thread where you asked for feedback on your chicken stock video. And you chose not to answer, but instead, post more videos. Which proves my point: you couldn't care less about feedback. You just need to get some hits, some YouTube ranking, and you're using this board to get a few more hits (I've never seen you post anything other than your videos).

I'm not sure why the mods aren't seeing through you... but I am.
I'm sorry that you don't like me. Not everyone gets alone and that unfortunate. But first off I never asked anyone for feedback on this video. I asked for people to share in discussion of there favourite ways to cook this chicken dish. I've also had a few thought full conversations with other members over the private chat feature of the board on a few topics. I'm not just hear for youtube hits. But since you brought it up I'll share with you my avrage video gets less then 200 views. According to youtube analytics less the 9% of that comes from here. So you can harely argue that I'm using this site to bolster my count. I'm hame just sharing my homemade videos of my professional experience with no dilutions of getting famous from this.

I don't belive I own you any more of an explanation however I do take offence to someone calling out a small typo like that. I type out all of this on ly cell phone.  so sorry if my thumb missing the occasional button to leave a particular letter out of a word. 

As for my low post count I don't try to artificially raise it by doing things like correcting people's spelling.

I fell that had we of meet in a kitchen we could of learned somthing from each other, but I don't think our online personalities mesh well. I wish you a good nigjt kind sir/madam. 

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
How about this @InABox. Count this as comsumer testing.

You take what has been said about this video up to this point and make another chicken parm video.  Maybe you'll get more referrals, like,"Wow!  This guy really knows what he's doing!" instead of people like me saying:

"you should fry that [email protected]##$t" and my friend asked me for a good chicken parm video but I'm not showing her this one.

Joined Nov 27, 2006

It's Chicken Parmesan. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

I fry in a pan with some oil then finish in the oven.
That's how we do it if we forgot one and have to make up the time. I do like how the breading browns up nicer that way.

If your wondering why it's not always done that way it is because we're I work (and I work six days a week open close) on most week nights I only have a dishwasher in the kitchen with me and we do 25 to 30 covers. on the weekends I have a few part time guys that come in. ( they get hours from my day off, the weekend shifts answer catering.) On a Saturday night we can do 70 covers in 90 mins most stuff from scratch but preped up that day so theasy method I showed is the method I use most. 

Joined Mar 1, 2017
Good video.  Your finished product looks good. 

I was wondering if you could provide some details about your marinara? 

Joined Nov 27, 2006

Good video.  Your finished product looks good. 

I was wondering if you could provide some details about your marinara? 
Thank you.

The marinade is made twice per week. I sweat off my diced onions, celery, carrots, and garlic. Now we used to open up 100 oz cans of crushed tomatos but we switched to the pizza sauce from the same company because there pizza sauce is same consistency as the the crushed tommatos but includes herbs. Since it is partially herbed and has the same price as crushed tommatos it is a good cost saver.

So after I put in the pizza sauce I normally add 3 cans at I time I thin it down with 100oz of water and a can of tomato juice. I'll also take a 100 oz can of plum tomatos and hand crush them in. Then I season with white salt and pepper, add some Bay leafs, oregano, parsley. (no basil because that is the 3rd ingredient listed on the pizza sauce) also the canning factory where I get the pizza sauce is 3 blocks away from the resturant so this is a local business I suport by using there product as a base.

So I normaly bring it to a boil then simmer on low for 4 or 5 hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom