Chef wannabe in Manhattan

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by bullyinny, Jun 10, 2004.

1. bullyinny

bullyinny

Hi everybody,

I'm a New Yorker with a big kitchen that has a window. If you live in the city you know how amazing that is.

Professionally I work with computers all day long and it's getting to me lately. I've always considered cooking my hobby/true passion and for my last birthday (36) my girlfriend gave me classes at the French Culinary Institute - now I'm hooked.
    My classes (essentials of fine cooking) are for amateurs and they're awesome, I only have two more left - and therein lies the problem.

I am at the crossroads here and don't know what to do.

Do I stay with my career as a digital retoucher or do I sign up for the career program at FCI or CIA and go for it?

If any chefs out there would like to drop me a line describing how they got to where they are now, I sure would apprecite it.

Thanks

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, BullyInNY. We're glad you found us, because you can easily link up with others who are considering the same dilemma or who have come out the other side of it. Stop in at the Culinary Students' forum and look around. Try using the search function on this site to find earlier conversations on this topic.

We wish you luck and will look forward to hearing from you!

Mezzaluna