Chef need a getaway? Organic garden needs Chef!

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by kaila, Apr 13, 2006.

1. kaila

kaila

Exp:
    At home cook
    While this is not a recipe--it is a plea for some cooking help!! I live on a 220 acre Organic Farm in the mountains of West Virginia. We're 22 loud mouthed, mad scientist type artists who aim to change the world. Our dilemma... troves and troves of fresh produce from the organic gardens, home made goat and cow yogurt and cheeses, every imaginable organic food item available and not a cook among us!! So...this is a plea to inspired cooks. Come to the beautiful mountains of West Virginia, stay a week, a month, a lifetime. In exchange for room and board--feed us! Teach us how to cook!! At the very least, e-mail me some new recipes!!

For more information on our movement, Zendik Arts, and pictures of our gorgeous farm go to:

http://www.zendik.org

HELP! We are pining away for good food!! : )

email recipes to [email protected]

Thanks!

2. n00bchef

n00bchef

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I know I am not a moderator or anything... but...

Please don't spam every forum with the exact same thing... It's a little annoying and rude.

3. kaila

kaila

Exp:
    At home cook
    Sorry for the multiple forum posts, I'm not familiar with forum etiquette...
    I'm not sure what the 'cult' comment has to do with the topic but I guess if you felt that necessary to put in, then so be it. So if there is a moderator looking, please remove me from inappropriate topics. Thanks!

4. n00bchef

n00bchef

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Ok I took out the cult comment...

As far as forum etiquette goes I suppose I may have over reacted, but in general, take a look at all the forum catagories and try to pick just one that is the closest fit for your type of post.

5. cakerookie

cakerookie

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Best thing to do is look at the forum index and decide which forum you think your posts will or should be placed in. Putting your question in more than one forum will not get it answered any quicker.N00bchef if you want to report this posts as spam just click the warning triangle at the right hand top corner of the posts. As far as organic I am not into that but it sounds nice.

Regards Cakerookie

6. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It looks like a beautiful place. It reminds me of my time in both Quaker schools and Alaska, and my cousins from back in the late 60's early 70's.
    Another time perhaps, and I think I could have really enjoyed this, who knows maybe in the future....
    Anyhow, feel free to ask questions and we'll be glad to help. Your profile says "home cook", so you must have some basic knowledge. There are a bunch of books available that may work for you too.
    Start with John Jeavons "Grow Biointensive" books and check out his website http://www.johnjeavons.info/john-jeavons.html it's right up your alley!

7. magnolia_chef

magnolia_chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I could be interested in a vacation there & show ya'll some things, what kind of kitchen set up do you have going on there. Also, you may find some chefs at the "Greenbrier" who may like to come & show you a thing or two, maybe contact Rod Stoner there, tell him what you have going on, he may be kind enough to incorporate your farm as part of the apprentice program.

8. magnolia_chef

magnolia_chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    People find it east to say cult when they have no clue about such communities, it is ignorance, you must excuse them because they just have no clue, there is nothing wrong with an organized artist community, your farm looks very beautiful, i envey the life ya'll must have there, don't let the misguided opnions of a few distract you from the potential here.

9. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    And there it is! I applaude this post!

I have talked to these kin, and what they have to offer is something we should all wish to experience. Heaven forbid people think out of the box, you might just like it.

And there have been alot of "Cults".....like Christ****ty.....but that does not belong in this site.

10. steve a

steve a

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Kaila,

You've got mail. I sent you an inquiry message this morning. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ciao,

11. magnolia_chef

magnolia_chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Well, she didn't even respond to my e mail, even tho i included a recipe, and offered to visit at some point in the future. Guess she doesn't need a chef that bad after all.

12. steve a

steve a

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Ditto - I guess I'll just collect my toys and go home. LOL. It would have been a hoot, though.

Ciao,