Chef Jacket Advise

Joined May 12, 2015
I'm staring my new job as head chef at local restaurant where I live. I'm a little excited. The chef coat that they gave is very poor quality and asked my employer is I could bring my own and they were cool.

No my question is where can buy decent chef coats online at a decent price.

Kind Regards,

Benjamin

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Do you guys use a uniform company?  If so let them deal with it.  Washing your own and keeping them white is a PITA.  Who has time for that?

Joined Sep 25, 2014
neither of those brands are particularly high quality though. i wouldn't skimp on coats, they will pill up after a few washes and look like crap. I have a bunch of chefworks blacks right now and I don't like them at all.

Joined Apr 19, 2015
I'm a fan of ChefWorks. I prefer to bring my own jackets and pants to work, as I'm tiny and i just swim in the clothes provided. So I buy my own. I've not had a problem with my jackets, or pants, from ChefWorks, they hold up, they fit, and they also come in a variety of colours (I currently have dark blue, hot pink, and pastel pink jackets). Each one gets washed about 2-3 times a week.

Joined Mar 4, 2015
neither of those brands are particularly high quality though. i wouldn't skimp on coats, they will pill up after a few washes and look like crap. I have a bunch of chefworks blacks right now and I don't like them at all.
so, what is your preference?
I'm always looking for gear to try.

Joined Oct 11, 2014
I like Chefworks, they have a wide variety of designs, jackets and colours. I have the cool vent ones. I am sure there are other brands out there that people might use though so it is always good to hear about them too!

@SpoiledBroth  I totally know what you are talking about with the pill that forms on the jackets so I had to experiment with mine. If you don't dry them in a drier and you wash on a cool setting......they will not pill up as well as I use a wee bit of hydrogen peroxide 3% in me wash to get rid of stain instead of bleach.......works like a charm and prevents fading of colour. Not sure if that helps ya or not but it was just something I could relate to. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Joined Jun 16, 2011
I've always used Chef Works.

Recently bought some Dickies Chef gear and I'm not mad at it.

I also have some pants from ChefUniforms.com that I love the fit of and are very comfortable, just seems the quality isn't there.

Joined Aug 22, 2013
Sorry I mistyped and submitted when I meant to delete. Bragard is a great company with very professional styles significantly nicer then chef works etc. .....in my opinion.

Joined May 12, 2015
So I decided to go with Chef Code Brand ( Which was little hard to find) and Dickies. Dickies for the pants Chef Code for Coat. I Bought them through PACUniforms off on Amazon. I recently started buying directly through their site since you get 10-15% OFF with a Promo code.  No complains, maybe except for the Dickies coats they run a a size bigger. 

Joined Sep 9, 2012
Late to the party but Bragard is great as well as a small Cali company named Cayson Designs. I ordered one a couple of months ago for my sweetheart, very soft and quality Pima cotton. They embroider as well.

Joined Oct 16, 2008
Next time around look into Lost Car Chef coats.

Not the cheapest out there but they are some of the best quality coat I have ever owned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom