Cheesy crockpot chicken help

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by brandon rice, Mar 28, 2013.

1. brandon rice

brandon rice

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi guys. So im trying to think up something for dinner. My girlfriend sucks at cooking and i "kind of" have a natural nack for it. I think im just fat and i know what tastes good...most the time.  We got a crockpot for christmas and ive used it twice yesterday and the day before and im already having alot of fun realizing its versatility but i dont think i understand its basic concepts. 

So the first night i did soy sauce, pineapple juice and chunks, chicken, and brown sugar. That was incredible.

Last night i got carried away lemon juice, barbecue sauce, hawaiian fruit marinade, worcestershire sauce, and ketchup. It wasnt bad but it wasnt good. It was a very sharp tangyness that i personally loved but the girlfriend couldnt stomache. 

Tonight i want to do something similar but with a minimalistic approach. Its the end of the month i got fired and so the fridge is a little bare. Ive got chicken still and i wanted to try and make a cheesy chicken meal this time. We have a block of cheddar, some cream of chicken and cream of mushroom. Should i shred the cheese in the crockpot or will that burn or not properly turn into a sauce? This is why i think im missing the point of how to use a crockpot. 

I was hopping to put this over some egg noodles for a delicious and easy meal. I think the crockpot is my new favorite tool right beside the dremel! =) Thanks for any input or suggestions. 

2. brandon rice

brandon rice

Exp:
    At home cook
    So basicly is shreeded cheddar, chicken, and cream of mushroom/chicken enough to make a decent sauce and flavor the chicken in addition to some spices i havent picked out yet?

3. dutch oven

dutch oven

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Never tried cheese in the crockpot before....  I am making a beef stew in mine for the weekend tonight.

4. thesoupnazi

thesoupnazi

Exp:
    At home cook
    I just love crock pot recipes.  But can't help with the cheese question.

You should ask Gunga.  He seems to be a true lover of le fromage

5. brandon rice

brandon rice

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hopefully he or someone else sees this and can pitch in before dinner! =P Otherwise ill try it anyways and report on results. Are pictures allowed here?

6. brandon rice

brandon rice

Exp:
    At home cook
    Well since most crockpot meals take a long time i threw everything in. 4 cups of Cheese, 20 1/2 oz cream of mushroom and chicken, a pound of broccoli, and probably 3-4 pounds of frozen chicken. Now to see what happens!

7. thesoupnazi

thesoupnazi

Exp:
    At home cook
    Have you eaten cat vomit before? If not, tonight you have.

8. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Sounds like a science experiment.

nicko likes this.
  9. tomago

tomago

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Well, how was it?

10. thesoupnazi

thesoupnazi

Exp:
    At home cook
    I have to agree. I'm sorry. I appreciate art. Not this buffoonery.

11. brandon rice

brandon rice

Exp:
    At home cook
    Am not quite familiar with the cat vomit taste. However this was delightful.  It is smooth and creamy not too salty. I was worried about that with so much cheese and the condensed cream of chicken and mushroom.  It was however a little on the bland side. Nothing about it stood out as wow but it was good. Id say 6.5 outta 10 personally. And TheSoupNazi thats pretty rude to call it buffoonery. I dont appreciate that. I came here for help and suggestions. Nobody had any to offer and so i tried something new. If you cannot objectively respect than please dont come onto my post and insult me. It was an experiment and it turned out ok. Not great. I admitted right from the beginning im new to this. So again...please save your insults. They are not wanted nor needed. 

12. dutch oven

dutch oven

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Add a can of oil el paso green chilies next time and take pics

13. brandon rice

brandon rice

Exp:
    At home cook
    The important thing ive learned from this is that straight cheddar cheese works fine in a crockpot as long as there is a good base sauce for it to mix with.  Im having alot of fun learning whats good to work with and whats not. ^.^

14. brandon rice

brandon rice

Exp:
    At home cook
     Not much chicken left in the pot. That went pretty quick. That was the best part. 

Here is the finished product. 

15. brandon rice

brandon rice

Exp:
    At home cook
    Ive uploaded pics. Since im a new member they are being reviewed.  Im not a big fan of green chiles but maybe some red peppers or banana peppers. It really was missing just a little extra flavor and that just might do it.

16. dutch oven

dutch oven

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Interesting looking meal- maybe adding some red or yellow peppers or some diced tomatoes to give it a little colour contrast?

17. brandon rice

brandon rice

Exp:
    At home cook
    I could care less about presentation really. Like the first night was soy sauce, pineapple juice and chunks, and brown sugar. The pineapple absorbed alot of the soy sauce and left them looking brown and terrible. Tasted awesome though. But yeah i was considering the peppers simply for taste. 

18. dutch oven

dutch oven

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Does your girlfriend at least do dishes?

19. thesoupnazi

thesoupnazi

Exp:
    At home cook
    I'm sorry. I had a bad day yesterday. I hope the community forgives me. I was arguing with Stevie last night and took it out on the entire community. :(

20. thesoupnazi

thesoupnazi

Exp:
    At home cook
    My EX boyfriend used to do the dishes, clean the floors, do the laundry, and volunteer 20 hours a day to mod a forum for no compensation.