Cheesecake recipe?

Joined Apr 3, 2008
I want to make a cheesecake but I don’t have any sour cream. Does anyone have a recipe that does not use sour cream? I have access to heavy cream, Greek
Yogurt, and cream cheese.

Joined May 5, 2010
Try a different recipe. Not all of them contain sour cream. Heavy cream will work but you'll need to add another egg to compensate.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
The original Juniors recipe used no sour cream. There is also a recipe at King Arthur flour that doesn’t either.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
I googled a few words and got several recipes for Greek yoghurt cheesecake. Some baked and others no-bake. Some even looked worth trying.

Joined Sep 26, 2017
Sour cream just adds the tang and nothing else.
You can skip it for a more mellow result, or you can add in some lemon juice to taste.

Joined Mar 21, 2008
When it is hot and I don't want to bake I cheat. Cream cheese mixed into Cool Whip then spread in a graham cracker crust. In the fridge to firm up. Top with fresh fruit from the garden or even with pie filling from the can... yes this is cheating, yes it is tasty! I have blended melted chocolate into the cream cheese/Cool Whip mixture then topped with shaved dark chocolate for a change of pace...

Joined Dec 30, 2015
So proud of you! The lady who is not a big dessert person baking a cheesecake! You go girl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom