Cheeseburger in Paradise

Joined Jul 28, 2001
Doc,
I can't agree more. I tend to bypass it now when grabbing condiments out of the ice box. It is sweeter! it's like hellmans vs miracle whip.

Glancing over the posts, I may have missed it, but I didn't see squeelers anywhere. I know it's not healthy but I can't remember a burger made in my house in the last 25 yrs since being in TX that didn't have chopped bacon mixed with the meat.

Joined Jun 27, 2006
Yeah I noticed that too Doc. Really sad. Now it tastes like that Mustard companies schwag. Really screws up mu Bloody Mary Mix not to mention burgers and London Broil Marinade. Maybe add some distilled vinevar to it would help.

I like DMT's burger. Looks tasty. Never could muster up the ambition to try a fried egg on mine. A place in Lake Geneva WI used to serve a good burger with cream cheese and black olives and another was The Come Back Inn at Lake St. and 25th in Melrose Park (Chicago area). Now that was a Burger! Haven't had one of those in over two decades tho since they were closed for remodeling last time we were in Chi-town. I tend to go for the home ground meat slapped on the grill cooked to MR-M and maybe some jalps on occasion but good old fashioned KLTO and Mayo. Plus if it doesn't take at least three napkins to eat it ain't right.:D :D :D

Joined Jul 28, 2001
oldschool,
I just have to tell ya, I read all your post just to click on you train url. I love the sounds and the updated pictures. It's one of those boy toys passions that only a few do it. I'm really thinking you need a 'Panini Bakery' somewhere in town. I'll finance the build:D

Joined Jun 27, 2006
:D :D :D :D :D :lol:
:blush: Thanks Gumba! Wait till ya see the video from our BBQ Train run in June. Panini Bakery? Let me know when! :cool: BTW If yer ever up KC way holler. We'll have the beverages flow'n and the trains run'n. :beer: ;)

Joined Aug 29, 2000
K.A., don't worry about your English. Many CT members are not native English speakers. :)

How was the Italian burger prepared? I've eaten them made as follows:

Meat is part beef, part Italian sausage- or the beef is strongly flavored with Italian herbs and spices (garlic, oregano, fennel, etc.)
When nearly done it's topped with a little pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese

Or, the meat is made into two thinner patties. Mozzarella cheese is sandwiched inside the two burgers so it melts as the burger grills. IT's topped with pizza sauce and more cheese. :lips:

Does either one sound like what you know?

k.a

Joined Aug 1, 2006
thanx 4 support me :eek:

yes i mean the second way i think its called napoli burger :lips:

Joined Aug 29, 2000
K.A., unless you speak French (which I speak like a seven-year-old), I'm sure I don't speak your language at all! We're easy-going about it, so no worries. We'll ask you if we don't understand. :D

Regards,
Mezzaluna

Joined Jul 14, 2006
I like to take a whole wheat bun, toasted. Add to this either 1/3 or 1/2 lb good ground beef, seasoned with a bit of salt. Under the meat, place a bit of lettuce and a nice slice of onion. On top of the meat, cover it with bleu cheese crumbles, three slices of a good bacon (applewood smoked, for instance), and a dollop of honey BBQ sauce. Failing the last, I use A-1 steak sauce.

I recently built this burger at Chili's with their Build Your Own BigMouth Burger program.

On a side note, if I were to find a jar of mayo in my fridge, I would walk to the back door, open it and throw the jar as far as I could. I can't stand that white axle grease:eek: When I say mayo, I mean Miracle Whip. I was raised on it and like the flavor much better, not to mention it is much lower in fat and calories than the axle grease.

Top Bottom