Chef Forum banner

Cheese Grater ?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  chefwriter 
#1 ·
I want to by a cheese greater I have a Cuisinart FP I purchased a fine disk to great cheese Cuisinart DLC-835TXAMZ Fine Grater Disc. It does a good job, but I see it put a lot of stress on the machine. Does anyone use their stand mixer for grating hard cheese? I have the kitchen aid tilt type mixer. If anyone has anything they like, let me know.
I grate Parmesan and pecorino cheese usually.

#2 ·
#5 ·
Busted the Cuisinart RC 1 (Robot Coupe) grater attachment with soft cheese years ago, tossed the entire useless works.
Have the round/sideways cup Kitchen aid grater attachment(s), may have used it once or twice in the past,..way too slow & double the time for cleanup....now a fancy archived dust collector.
I rarely grate much more than 1kg cheese at any one time, and use the box/knuckle grater for that - I need the exercise! ;-)

#7 ·
I used the KA cheese grating attachment for some cheese that had dried out a bit. It got the job done but I found out the shaft that holds the attachment is designed to break if there. is too much prolonged stress. Which there was. Now trying to find a replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.