Cauliflower cream soup/Request

Joined Oct 11, 2001
I used to have one of this fabulous books of the Gordon Bleu Home Cooking Series that is about soups.
But a lovely soul borrowed it and hasn't returned it to me yet...

:mad:

Does anyone of you have this recipe?

Thank you very much.

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
I don't have the book but do have a few recipes for cauliflower soups. I like to add curry to mine, makes all the difference.

Enjoy!

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

2 heads cauliflower
3 garlic cloves
2 shallots
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
2 cups heavy cream

Preheat oven to 425°F.

Cut cauliflower into 1-inch flowerets (about 10 cups). In a large baking pan toss cauliflower, garlic, and shallots with oil to coat and roast in middle of oven about 30 minutes, or until golden.

In a 4-quart kettle simmer broth, water, roasted cauliflower mixture, and herbs 30 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender. Discard bay leaf and in a blender puree soup in batches until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), transferring to a bowl. Return soup to kettle and stir in cream and salt and pepper to taste. Heat soup over moderate heat until just heated through.

Cauliflower Soup

2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 pound cauliflower florets (about 5 cups)
2 14 1/2-ounce cans low-salt chicken broth
1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives

Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add cauliflower and sauté 2 minutes. Add broth. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.

Working in batches, transfer soup to blender and purée until smooth. Return soup to pot. (Soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.) Bring soup to simmer. Add the chives just before serving.

Joined Oct 11, 2001
Dearest Isa

Thank you for your response.

The recipe that I had in mind was the same as yours but instead of chicken broth you use milk!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Zorba

Latest posts

Top Bottom